Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
FilthyRich said:
Radial racing master cylinder for dual disc brake front ends. The 19x20 model gives the stiffest brake lever, the 19x18 lever provides a little more feel, and a lighter pull on the lever is required.

this was taklen from: http://www.yoyodyneti.com/detail.aspx?ID=228
any thoughts on that???
True, just don't interpret "Feel" to be synonymous with "Better" with the 19x18. It's more of a personal preference if you like to modulate braking power with lever travel or lever pressure. I prefer lever pressure, so the short-stroke 19x20 is great for me.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I want a 19x20 I believe. Where is a good place to get it? I'm running a 2002 GSXR-1000 MC now, how will a brembo differ? I'd really like less throw or "feel" and more power. I really have to yank on it hard to get a good lock down.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Yeah I think I'd like a little less travel too. I like modulating with pressure over less travel. I've got a stock GSX-R750 radial MC and I'm a little bit concerned about using it now that I've heard so much negativity about it. I'll go ahead and put it on for now, just to get this front end done, but I'm definitely interested in something better. What's the part number for the Brembo that you guys are using?

I guess the other question is, don't the Brembo MC's come with a lever? How will that feel with paired a stock GSX-R clutch lever? Do you even notice it or is there another matching clutch lever that can be used?

Thanks!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts