Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of bolting one of these onto a rear seat frame of my naked 01...

I like the looks of this trunk quite a bit, but I'm not sure it would fit a full face helmet (although it says it is?)...

http://www.jcwhitney.com/TRAVEL-TRUNK/GP_2002510_N_111+10211+600014603_10111.jcw

Then there's these... it looks like their dimensions are better suited for fitting a helmet (even the medium would, no?) but I don't really like the looks of these. Almost make the bike kinda look cheesy IMHO. At least the top one doesn't have any pretensions about trying to look good).

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Search?catalogId=10111&storeId=10101&sku=zxe20997G

I dunno... any thoughts? If I have to go with the 2nd one to fit a helmet, do you think the large one would just look way too large hanging off the back end of a 1g? I don't want it to look topheavy...

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
spotch, if you like that first one better, newenough.com sells an Emgo identical to that for $60.

Edit: And for the record I just did the JC Whitney "deal" on the large case and used the code frshp50 and got free shipping too by adding a bungee net to the order to get it over $50. I opted for expedited shipping so it was an $8.98 surcharge compared to $4.99, but I wanted to get it quicker.

I followed Zach's link and followed the steps on post #372 and worked great.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah, I just caught that emgo deal the other day. I have yet to pull the trigger (won't have time to rig anything for another month or so, still mulling over the options).

Thanks for the response!

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
I almost bought the Emgo, I like the handle and shape better. But I figured I would try JC Whitney to see if I could get the $47.99 deal to work. Since it did I went with that.

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
I almost bought the Emgo, I like the handle and shape better. But I figured I would try JC Whitney to see if I could get the $47.99 deal to work. Since it did I went with that.
BMW purists will be appalled!

GOOD! :vroom:

edit: well, you could always put a roundel over the iron cross sticker ;D

·
Registered
685 Posts
another vote for the $50 large case. my mounting plate cracked on the way back from indy last year and JCW replaced the whole trunk for free

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
I ordered on Wednesday and it was sitting on the porch tonight when I got home. It's nicer than I expected. I don't like the stupid Iron Cross emblem or the pinkish red stripe, but those are both easily fixed. I'll mount it tomorrow and take some pics.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
I mounted the top case today. It is pretty tough I was rocking the whole bike from the mounted case because I wanted to make sure it was secure. It is also much easier to take on and off then I expected. It's only about 17 degrees here so I didn't get to paint the pink stripe or Iron cross decal, so no pictures until I get to do that first :). So far it seems worth $50.

Now I have to decide if I want to spend $650 on BMW side cases since I already have the mounts, or just spend $400 on a Givi setup (side cases and mounts) from Happy Trails. I am really leaning towards the Givi's because I hear the BMW cases dent easily. Plus it gives $250 to spend on something else :).

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
pics pics pics :)
In the second pic it looks HUGE, but it must be the angle or something it doesn't look that big in person. I did a halfassed quickie paint job on the stripe for now until I can do it nicer. That pink had to go though, lol. I have some Givi side cases and mounts coming, they should be here Friday or Monday.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.