Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my tank back from the painter and it's gorgeous. But, I, like an idiot in my haste to remove the tank neglected to label the hoses as to which gies where. I'm talking about the drain hose (2nd Gen) and the other hose with a t-fitting. Or does it not make a difference?

·
Registered
10,246 Posts

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not worried about the fuel lines. It's the overflow lines I'm worried about. Does it matter if I mix them up (swap them around)?

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
The CA bike should have THREE fittings plus the pressure line on the pump. The one back next to the pump is the vapor purge line that goes to the check valve on the frame at the right rear of the tank. (at least that is where it is on the 1K, 650 uses same tank so it should be similar).

The other two lines on the right side of the tank bottom go to the drain holes on either side of the gas cap. Doesn't matter which you choose...they both go to the same place. Whichever hose fits better is the one to use.

If you don't have the extra fitting on the rear of the tank...you don't have a CA bike. In that case just ignore that part of reply above and hook up the other ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts