Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen the pictures of the drain hole being halfway down the right side of the front cylinder on older models. But my '07 has 2 spark plugs per cylinder and the drain hole is not there! I've looked everywhere i think.. Does it not have one??

My bike won't start after getting caught in the rain the other night. I've had it for 2 weeks. Planned on bringing it to get serviced anyway but now i can't ride it there... 4800 miles on it.. And opening the gas tank, i found what i believe to be water on the inside of the cap... I think there might be water in the tank. It sat in heavy rain for a few hours the other day. I would've had it covered but everyone i knew told me it was unecessary.. Shouldn't of listened to 'em.

·
Registered
968 Posts
it still should be on the right side, since the extra spark plug is halfway down on the left side if i remember correctly. the hole should be just about where the bottom of the "block" meets the rest of the engine case and should open towards the rear of the bike. if you cant find it, remove the plug boot, roll up some paper towels and put it down the spark plug well. should soak up enough to make a difference. then load up the boot and the well with dialectric grease and you should be good to go afterwards.

i dont think sv325 would cause it not to start though. mine sits in the rain all the time (especially with this garbage florida weather nowadays) and i dont have any problems, but if your cap is bad, then that could very well be a problem for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
No the extra spark plug is halway down on the right side.. While sitting on the bike looking forward atleast... I'll keep looking though.

Found it, behind the extra spark plug... Wasn't clogged up, so i guess i'll bring it to the shop.. I also found a small stab hole in the radiator cap...

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
sounds like your problem is water in the fuel. rainwater around the fuel cap area should have drained away via the small hole on the left side of the filler neck. if this is plugged up or the hose is blocked the water will get down into the tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts