Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do ya'll know of any good places to get upgraded aftermarket internal engine parts. Like cams or pistons. I am interested in doing some internal work this winter but I don't know of any good places to look for them. I haven't been to the local bike shop that I go to here yet either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
505 Posts
We can source all of the usual stuff, and we're also a U.S. distributor for JHS Racing engine packages and components, just don't have it listed on the web site yet. I have a JHS superbike motor in my bike and it's been great!
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone know how much hp the stock block can handle. Like say if i got it borded and replaced the pistons and cams.
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NaranjaTang said:
Does anyone know how much hp the stock block can handle. Like say if i got it borded and replaced the pistons and cams.
for how long? :)
anything over 85 is to much for daily use.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
606 Posts
NaranjaTang said:
Does anyone know how much hp the stock block can handle.  Like say if i got it borded and replaced the pistons and cams.

The crank is the weak link, not the cases. :D

At ~85 hp the cases will be fine and last a long time. Go above that and the problems start for street engines. Bore the things out and raise compression and you'll have a gerenade waiting for some weak 86/87 octane to detonate on!
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DucOwner said:
The crank is the weak link, not the cases.  :D

At ~85 hp the cases will be fine and last a long time.  Go above that and the problems start for street engines.  Bore the things out and raise compression and you'll have a gerenade waiting for some weak 86/87 octane to detonate on!   

Thats what I want to do. And replace the pistons and cams, but how much hp do you think that'll make. Also is i changed out the crank and was over 85 hp what kind of problems would I have?
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TWF said:
for how long? :)
anything over 85 is to much for daily use.

I'm not really interested in making it for daily use. I wanna do something unique and different that a lot of poeple dont do w/ the sv. I defintally wanna go over 85 hp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
505 Posts
Here's what my JHS motor did during the last break-in dyno run with stock CV carbs. With my 41mm flatslides, it's probably low 90's HP now, will know for sure next week when I get it dyno'd again. You need minimum 105 octane race gas for this type of motor. It's 2mm overbore with 13:1 compression, very light crank and flywheel, hot cams, lots of other internal tweaks. I wouldn't want this in a street bike, but it pulls like a mofo on the track! 8)

 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jarelj said:
Here's what my JHS motor did during the last break-in dyno run with stock CV carbs.  With my 41mm flatslides, it's probably low 90's HP now, will know for sure next week when I get it dyno'd again.  You need minimum 105 octane race gas for this type of motor.  It's 2mm overbore with 13:1 compression, very light crank and flywheel, hot cams, lots of other internal tweaks.  I wouldn't want this in a street bike, but it pulls like a mofo on the track!  8)


Sweet let me know how it turnw out.
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what are your 1/4 mile times and top end w/ that
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
jarelj said:
Here's what my JHS motor did during the last break-in dyno run with stock CV carbs.  With my 41mm flatslides, it's probably low 90's HP now, will know for sure next week when I get it dyno'd again.  You need minimum 105 octane race gas for this type of motor.  It's 2mm overbore with 13:1 compression, very light crank and flywheel, hot cams, lots of other internal tweaks.  I wouldn't want this in a street bike, but it pulls like a mofo on the track!  8)

::)
Not to pull the BS flag or anything here, but aren't you from Nebraska? Did you send your bike all the way to JHS in Brisrol, UK just to throw it on the dyno and break it in? I should do that too, after 62 runs I must be over 95 HP! :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Well it could be that the motor is JHS built, dyno'd there in the UK, then shipped over...

Questions for you SVRaceShop guys:

1) Does Falicon make a stroker crank that works in 2nd gen bikes? All I see are 99-02 1st gen so I'm assuming (ASS-UMING) that the cranks are diff.

2) Are there any big bore piston kits (3mm+ overbore) that will run on 92 octane w/o detontation/pre-ignition probs?

An SV808 would be interesting. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
505 Posts
prolariot said:
::)
Not to pull the BS flag or anything here, but aren't you from Nebraska?  Did you send your bike all the way to JHS in Brisrol, UK just to throw it on the dyno and break it in?  I should do that too, after 62 runs I must be over 95 HP!  :p
James built the motor for me at JHS, mounted to a chassis for dyno break-in, then removed and crated, and shipped to our shop.  It's really pretty reasonable to ship crated motors, we do it all the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
505 Posts
finsvr said:
Well it could be that the motor is JHS built, dyno'd there in the UK, then shipped over...

Questions for you SVRaceShop guys:

1) Does Falicon make a stroker crank that works in 2nd gen bikes? All I see are 99-02 1st gen so I'm assuming (ASS-UMING) that the cranks are diff.

2) Are there any big bore piston kits (3mm+ overbore) that will run on 92 octane w/o detontation/pre-ignition probs?

An SV808 would be interesting. :)
Yes, there a Falicon stroker for the 2nd Gen SV. You can go big bore and still run on pump gas, it's a function of compression not bore, so as long as you keep the compression down it's fine. We just fitted a bike a couple weeks ago with a 700cc kit that runs on pump gas.
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
jarelj said:
Yes, there a Falicon stroker for the 2nd Gen SV.  You can go big bore and still run on pump gas, it's a function of compression not bore, so as long as you keep the compression down it's fine.  We just fitted a bike a couple weeks ago with a 700cc kit that runs on pump gas. 

How could I get some info on that?
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Also how much hp do you think ill improve If i got some yoshi cams?
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top