Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyone knows a retailer online that sells the red ones? I have a set of blue ones and after flaming out my 2WJ fairings with airbrush... thought red would look better with them.

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
I don't know the answer to your question, but I do know that you should NOT get them from Lockhart Phillips.

I know, that should be common knowledge, but I bought a pair of blue anodized levers from somebody on the board who purchased them but never installed them. I put them on last weekend, and the VERY FIRST time I test-loaded the front brake lever, it absolutely shattered at the pivot. Little lever bits went shooting across my garage floor, and I didn't pull it very hard at all. Thankfully, the bike was on a stand in a garage and not behind a semi on the highway. Naturally, the clutch lever came right back off, and the old silver stubbies went back on.

I suppose Lockhart Phillips is like the Radioshack of the motorcycle world ... don't ever buy anything critical there.

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool... thanks for the tips

the blue ones I have I think are LP... I do agree LP stuff tends to be lacking in quality most of the time but these levers haven't given me any trouble so far. I have had some C/F models too and I have found that none of the aftermarket levers seem to built as good as OEM except maybe the roll-a-clicks which are outrageous in price

·
Registered
55 Posts
davids levers are of excellent quality. they are designed directly after OEM specs and the fitment is perfect.

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1MileCrash said:
davids levers are of excellent quality.  they are designed directly after OEM specs and the fitment is perfect.
that's good to know... i am going to research his site more tonight... thanks again

·
Registered
57 Posts
whatever you get, really make sure to lube the pivot point. any lever you get could easily snap if you don't. i agree, the lockharts aren't great but i've had several and had no problems, nor has anyone i know until now. it couldn't hurt to find a better brand though, just in case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts