Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody I've been reading your site for a little bit now as I was looking for a used SVS to buy.

Well I found one I like but he doesn't have the owner's manual.  It's 2003 does any one know where to get one as well as a repair manual would probably be a good idea. 

This will be my first bike and I've never bought a used bike before so any thoughts on this one:

2003 SV650S - Copper
-lower fairing (I was going to add one anyway)
-frame sliders (ditto)
-two brothers slip on (I'm new to this - is that a good brand?)
-what he calls carbon fiber levers (they look pretty good)
-lowered gel seat

10300 miles, about a 35 year old guy traded his friend his truck for it.  Asking $4300 - He's only had it a year and 3000 miles and hasn't changed the oil.  He seems like a good guy but I don't know how well of up keep he would have done, but then he's only had it a year.  Only damage is scratch to fairing edges from a knock over not at speed. He's replacing the mirror that was broke.

I know that's a lot to read.  Any thoughts will help.  Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
the hasn't changed the oil part would make me run. imo, before he got the bike, previous owner forgoed the oil change and he didn't do one. that means that the oil could have not been changed in 6,000 miles. That, and if something simple like oil hasn't been changed, then everything hasn't been done like bleeding brakes, Chain cleaning, bleeding coolant, etc etc etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can get a paper shop manual on eBAy for $15+shipping, OR, get a CD version with copies of the microfiche and other useful stuff for even less!

V

·
0 Posts
Tell him you're concerned about the maintenance and offer him 3,500 for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts