Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody seen any good deals on anything naked 1st or 2nd gen in ontario lately? People are asking 5500 for beat ones, when brand new ones sell for 5900 plus taxes from the dealer.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
First gen naked were NOT availible in Canada. if you find one its either been imported or it was converted to a naked.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know the 1st gens weren't available here, but you see american ones from time to time.

I think my best bet is to go and scoop an american one, not that the dollar is favouring that right now.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
my project bike was from the states. Look into it cause there is a bunch of other fee's to consider...
- exchange rate
- RIV fee $200
- one tax when you import it in to canada
- the other tax when you change the ownership
- licensing fee about $75

·
Registered
18 Posts
Look on ebay or Craig's list, or even cycle trader.com. I see most of the first generation Sv's on EBAY. Ask the seller if they won't mind using a shipper that you can send a check to and they will send the title in turn to the shipping company and seller doesn't get paid until bike is loaded. I would definately have it shipped if u can't find one, since the lower cost of the bike should offset the shipping fees, taxes, registration,etc.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Anybody seen any good deals on anything naked 1st or 2nd gen in ontario lately? People are asking 5500 for beat ones, when brand new ones sell for 5900 plus taxes from the dealer.
Where are you finding brand new naked SV's for $5900!?

I just bought an '04 naked with 6300 kms for $5000, even. I thought it was a decent deal.

There's another '04 Naked being sold in Etobicoke with 2300 kms, going for $5500. I met the seller, he's got health issues, so he's selling all his bikes. Search kijiji or craigslist.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts