Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
This is my first post so forgive me if it's in the wrong place.  I've got a handful of questions and I've tried using the search function and found some good info but not an exact answer.

So I'm looking to buy a sv650 and have been looking online.  I was thinking that I would go used but now I'm also considering buying new.

Any suggestions for places to shop in the Boston / Rhode Island area?  (I live in Franklin)

Is KBB the best place to find the true value of a used bike?

If I went the "new" route.. how much should I expect to pay for an 05 sv650?  when does "end of season" start?

I see a lot of 02's for sale.  Do they have any issues or is it just that 99-02 was one model on 03-> is another.  What are the differences?

oh and FYI... I have owned a 91 Suzuki gs500 and a 93 Honda cbr600 f2 and an 85 Honda 750.  but have been bikeless for about 7 years now. :(

Sorry for all the questions.  Look forward to your helpful answers.  Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just bought a new 05 for $6200 out the door in PA. Includes taxes, tags, etc. I also popped an extra 500 bills for the Suzuki warranty. I hope that gives you an idea.

·
Registered
280 Posts
There are no issues specific to the 02's. I love my first gen (2001), and I highly recommend it. Fuel injection might be nice, but the carbs work just fine. That and the styling are the two big diffences. There are a couple more. Do a search to find that stuff.

I've seen a couple yellow nekids for sale around here (Boston) recently. Check Craigslist if you havn't already.

I always recommend buying used because it's a lot cheaper and you're not paying dealer fees or any of that garbage. Even if you want a new one, you can probably find a used 04 with very few miles. I could make a real case for it if you want, but if you'd be happier with a new one, go for it. :) I'll let others help with buying new.

Do you have a preference in styling? Curvey or angular?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks everyone so far

i have checked craigslist... there was a silver & black on there but they're gone now... not sure i'm a yellow type of guy

as far as styling i just want it naked... not a fan of the sv650s although i think i remember reading that functionally the small fairing does lots

thanks so far... keep the info/ideas coming!

·
Registered
514 Posts
I got my 650s at GBM in Arlington. $6100 for the bike w/ the paper work fees and junk.

Im sure you could get a 650 for $5600 pretty easy.

I had an alright experience there, I think I could have done better price wise, but it was easy, and close, and they delivered the bike.

I do all my own work, so I can't speak for their service department, but it was deffiantly one of the better preped new bikes I have come across.

I'm always looking for a naked project bike, and I can't ever seem to find a SV on craigslist or cycletrader for that matter. It was one of the reasons I just went and bought a new one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts