Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first bike and was wondering what shops I should check out for armored apparel in the Denver metro area.

Ridesyeti

·
Registered
167 Posts
The closest to me is RPM Motorsports but I've been to OTD Cycles, Faye Meyers, Erico Motorsports, and Performance Cycles on Broadway. They're all fairly comprabable on prices, at least on the stuff I was in the market for at the time.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Honestly, I've found your best bet is getting things on-line. You can find things for much cheaper, local shops can't even compare. BUT if you absolutely have to have it now, check out Performance Cycle on Broadway...TONS of cool stuff.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Go to Performance - probably largest selection than any of the dealerships for sure cept Grand Prix in littleton has a good selection too.

ANYWAYS If u got to Performance ask for Silver (if she hasnt popped her baby yet!) She can help ya for sure or direct ya to a place that could help ya better :D
Tell her Mae sent ya!

·
Registered
172 Posts
There's a place called MotoGear Outlet about a block west of Sheridan off Ralston (just north of hwy 76) that's pretty good. Most of their stuff is pretty significantly discounted, as it's mostly last year's models and whatnot. It's worth a look-see, anyway, as the service is quite good. Wherever you go, try on as many of whatever you're looking to get as you can. Comfort is key!

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
WOAH really?! How long has that one been there?! I used to live over in that area! Never heard of it! I'll have to look it up bc Im a gear hoe and I want a new helm and maybe gloves, still debating.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The helmet selection (and prices--my buddy got a great deal on a nice Arai) is quite good. Gloves, kind of hit-or-miss...but I say that about most places I go regarding gloves, since I'm a ladies' small, and that glove size represents 0.00001% of the riding population.

MotoGear Outlet used to be tucked away off 52nd near Marshall Liquors. When they were located there, I couldn't find them even though I knew they were there. Now they'll be much easier for people to find! I recently bought a pair of Sidi B2s from them, and they ordered two pair in different sizes for me to try on to make sure I got the right size for me. I'm happy with my purchase, and my buddy (the one who got the Arai helmet) is a MotoGear junkie!

http://www.motogearoutlet.com/

Also, They have "early-bird" specials on the first Saturday of each month (Apr 4 is the next one), and they open at 7:30 for the sale. I missed the first one, but I drove past at about 20 till 8 and there were already several motorcycles in the parking lot.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'll have to check them out as well, that's not too far out of my way at all. Thanks for the info Squisha.

Hope the weather isn't keeping everyone down, the warm weather will be back soon enough!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I went to Motogear for my first set of gear. The owners spent a good hour and a half working with me since I had a lot questions. I really appreciated the level of service. Later I went back for boots. One of the sale folks talked to me for 40 minutes about getting started on motorcycles. I'd definitely recommend this shop. They are right near Sheridan and 58th in a small commercial park. Its the stop light right before Sheridan on 58th.

Marc

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi msurk, Welcome to SVR.

Have fun and ride safe!
Thanks dude. I've started commuting to work. I'm feeling more comfortable and thus able to concentrate on watching motorists more. Today I had to swerve ahead of motorist who started turning into my lane. I feel really good about my reaction. As is typical for me I wasn't mad since we didn't get in an wreck. I'm taking this as a learning experience. I knew I was in his blind spot and should have slowed even more then I did. I also could have positioned myself in the right lane where I was more visible since I knew this was a problem area where lane changes occur.

Marc

·
Registered
14 Posts
PERFORMANCE CYCLE FOR SURE. If they don't have it, they WILL order it for you. I have a small size foot and they have always worked with me in getting me what I needed. I would have to say 9.9 times out 10, if you can think of it, they either have it or can get it. They carry it all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts