Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need a push button switch that is usually open but momentarily closes the circuit. obviously 12v.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think radio shack still sells switches. Just don't ask an employee, they dont know shit.

·
Registered
64 Posts
dcphoto said:
I think radio shack still sells switches. Just don't ask an employee, they dont know s**t.
i would not buy an electrical component from radio shack and put it on my bike...

·
Registered
120 Posts
You are assuming that they still sell them. I remember when you could buy any component at radio shack. Now you are lucky if they have any components.

·
Eagle one
1,660 Posts
BA......... I cleaned this thread up and moved it here.

As far as finding a switch. Remember, on the bike I would lean toward a Marine grade switch.

I also dont think its quite that easy to find a momentary switch that is OPEN and you push to close. It's like the opposite of a Horn switch, and I cant remember seeing something like that.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
67GTONUT said:
I also dont think its quite that easy to find a momentary switch that is OPEN and you push to close. It's like the opposite of a Horn switch, and I cant remember seeing something like that.
Couldnt you just wire a horn type switch backwards? Gosh Im a wiring idiot.

·
Registered
571 Posts
or couldn't you have a normal switch that is turned on most of the time that you turn off to momentarily break the circuit?

·
Registered
514 Posts
67GTONUT said:
Most momentarty switches are open, when you close them (push the button) then start what ever it is.

Most common example is the power button on your computer.

Try Mouser.com

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
{PMS}fishy said:
Most momentarty switches are open, when you close them (push the button) then start what ever it is.

Most common example is the power button on your computer.

Try Mouser.com
thanx for knowing your electronics... i'll try them i'm not going to tell you fools what this is for but its going to power a pull type selenoid. just think about the possibilities. and see if your right when i see you at the gap ;D

·
Registered
514 Posts
B.a. said:
thanx for knowing your electronics... i'll try them i'm not going to tell you fools what this is for but its going to power a pull type selenoid. just think about the possibilities. and see if your right when i see you at the gap ;D
If you are doing what I think you plan on doing, I have a much better way to do it.

Mechanical is always better than electrical, especially when you are looking for something to work on the first try.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts