Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I forget where the tool kit is..i know its there somewhere...?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
on my 08 svs is under the seat on the left side right in front of the rear shock. I know my bike is a different year and model but it might be in t=the same spot. hope this helps you out.
cool, thanks, I'll check. You dont need any tool to get to the tool kit right? Cause that would defeat the purpose.

·
Registered
102 Posts
lol i stumbled across mine on accident when cleaining my chain. even the original owner said he must have misplaced it, but it was there near ther rear shock. i just figured it would stay under the rear seat.

i have yet to find the tank prop rod though. thought i red somewhere that it was on the front fork or under the seat but i did not see it.

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
With my 05 s, you need an allen wrench for the seat, then disconnect the battery and remove it and the rubber matting. The tool kit is then exposed.
There is a door on the side that allows you to slide it out the side without removing the battery or the seat. Reading the manual when you buy a bike will save you a lot of heartache along the way. That is not a slam. I'm just giving you some helpful advice.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
ya but the funny thing is that it is squeezed so tight in that compartment that it usually takes some pliers to pull it out lol.
i removed a couple tools that i know i'll never use on the road, and replaced them with some that i will, fits good now.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
so is it correct that the tank prop rod is suppose to be located under the rear seat in the little storage space? wondering if suzuki is hiding it from me on the bike somewhere.
correct. should be on the right side, with a little clip near the top holding the loop end of the rod.

·
Registered
54 Posts
so is it correct that the tank prop rod is suppose to be located under the rear seat in the little storage space? wondering if suzuki is hiding it from me on the bike somewhere.
Yep. I didn't know what that thing was the first time I pulled it out. Looked like some kind of heavy duty easter egg dipper.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts