Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 04 sv650s and the rear brake switch was held on by zip ties when I bought the bike. can someone with a 04 show me where the "bracket" is supposed to attach. I looked at an 06 and it's not the same. I can see the bracket in the manual in a cartoon like drawing but there seems to be no bolt hole to attach it to the bike.

if anyone can take a picture of how it hooks that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can anyone help me with this?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks.. but that's not it.. the 06 was like this too.. mine has no mount there.. my manual shows a piece of steel (bracket) that is missing on my bike.. but I can't even find the hole that it is suppose to screw into.. the bike was crashed years back ( 3 owners back ) maybe they swapped the parts from a different year and that's why I don't have this?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fond the issue!! the rear set on my 2004 SV650s matches the 2001 SV650.. perfectly!! the gen 1 used a bracket to hook the brake light the gen2 uses a forged fork with hole to hold the brake light.. I'm going to have to jerry rig somthing to work.. thanks for the help..

Ps.. using the 01 "set" brings your feet up about 1" over the stock.. and to think, when I was at the track my brake peddle touched the ground for a split second.. wow I really did have it leaned over!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts