Votes: 51 6.0%
  • Other (specify in post)

Votes: 45 5.3%
1 - 20 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I've been keeping my bike in my girlfriend's garage and I really need to get it out of there as I don't want to overstay my welcome but I don't have a garage at my house. I'm not crazy about the idea of keeping it under a cover but if worst comes to worst I guess that's what I'll do.

What do you guys do about storing your bikes?

·
OberKommandant
6,127 Posts
Garage. When I lived in Denver in an apartment I kept it in the parking lot. It ended up getting vandalized to the point that the insurance co. totaled it. I moved from there to a duplex and I had a shed in the fenced back yard where I kept the bike. Since moving from there I've always made sure I have a garage.

·
Registered
720 Posts
inside in a parking garage under my apt complex.

during the summer, keeping it under a cover next to a building(your house) is the best bet for outside. a decent cover with keep it protected during the summer months at least.

·
Registered
160 Posts
mine stays in the garage along with my friends 636, but if i were to keep it out side it would be locked with a logging chain or something of the sort. i know of 3 bikes that have already been stolen this year.

·
Registered
66 Posts
i would not leave my bike out. it would be in my living room if i didnt have a garage...they rather. i'd bring em all in. **** that.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Garage, When I bought it I thought I was going to have to keep it on the side of the house, but my wife insisted that it be inside. I also have a hook that I hang my gear from, in there also (to the right of the pic).

·
Registered
88 Posts
i keep mine covered and chained to the fence in front of my house in west philly. i havent had any problems with it yet.

my old zx-7 got tipped over one night tho, but it wasnt covered at the time

·
Registered
51 Posts
In my garage with my wife's bike. Locked together by rear wheels and front wheels. (I also have a few spiders that patrol the area, just in case....)

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
http://www.cycleshell.com/price.html

I keep it in my old barn/garage in a cycleshell. NOT cycleshelter but cycleshell. My buddy bought the cycleshelter and it's a piece compared to the cycleshell.
It's in the background in this shot. I bought it to keep my cruiser in outside but I crashed the cruiser and moved into the house with the barn attached.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Dining room.

Hey, it works for me.

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
i actually keep in my storage unit since i only have a one car garage and one car driveway, parents car in the garage my car outside, when i ride the bike i just drive my car to the storage and park it under a tree, they said i can leave it there with no charge, most of the time i just leave the car there for days on end, the only time i drive it is when its raining or when my gfs sister is with us. when i keep the bike at the house the bike goes in the garage and the parents car is in the driveway

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
During the summer it stays in my garage towards the front between the two cars.

During the nasty Wisconsin winter it stays in my FIL's heated 4 car garage, snuggled up to his K1200RS and XR650R

Garage is the only way to go...honestly if i didn't have one, i wouldnt have bought the bike.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Mines in back of my house down a ****y driveway, in the open with the key in the ignition. I figure its ok since I'm in the middle of New Hampshire where shooting trespassers is a sport. If you can make it to the bike, you deserve it. ;)

·
Registered
394 Posts
I do not have a driveway or garage at my house. I keep my bike in my next door neighbors garage. I help her shovel the driveway in the winter and I mow the grass in the summer.

1 - 20 of 286 Posts