Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where do you guys buy your fender eliminators? I have a an 03sv650s
Or those who have done it yourself what parts did you buy and do you have the steps?

·
Registered
212 Posts
well i bought mine from my dealer cause they were actually cheaper than any place online because i get 10% off!! I got a competition werkes eliminator!! looks great!! install isnt that easy but isnt extremely complicated if you are not good with ur hands!!

·
Registered
899 Posts
I had a competition werkes and took it off and put on the Hotbodies undertail. Looks WAY better in my opinion! I got mine cheap off ebay!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
cycle rider: when u get pulled over, do u get trouble for your plate?

either way, fender eliminator is something i never paid for. Ghetto fabbed it. besides, its gonna get dirt and rocks and mud and tire and tar on there, no way im cleaning that stuff.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lkm said:
cycle rider: when u get pulled over, do u get trouble for your plate?

either way, fender eliminator is something i never paid for.  Ghetto fabbed it.  besides, its gonna get dirt and rocks and mud and tire and tar on there, no way im cleaning that stuff. 
post pics of your ghetto mod... if you don't mind and the how to!!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Ghetto elim.  Cost = zero dollars.

Instructions are

Cut off snow shovel from back of bike flush with the tail.  If you don't think you have the skillz to do this without tearing your paint up or doing a hackish job then I would take the bike apart to do this.;)

I then removed the LPlate bracket off the stock snow shovel  and mounted that to a peice of sheetmetal I had in the garage. I screwed that to the plastic stock undertail. 

Vague instructions I know, but that is part of fabrication.:)

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
i have a hotbodies undertail...and i made my own plate bracket from using an angle grinder and some sheet metal

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
its like his except, it really is ghetto and the plate is hardly veiwable at the angle it is at but can be bent down but then running toll will be a problem.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mr. Black said:
Ghetto elim.  Cost = zero dollars.

Instructions are

Cut off snow shovel from back of bike flush with the tail.  If you don't think you have the skillz to do this without tearing your paint up or doing a hackish job then I would take the bike apart to do this.;)

I then removed the LPlate bracket off the stock snow shovel  and mounted that to a peice of sheetmetal I had in the garage. I screwed that to the plastic stock undertail. 

Vague instructions I know, but that is part of fabrication.:)
do you have anyother detailed pictures? Where you cut and mounted? What signals are those? is the license plate light still there? anything you would change if you did it again?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Jimmie said:
Mr.Black what's that band at the rear of your muffler for? ??? ?
Shortened stock muffler (no baffles),

1 - 14 of 14 Posts