Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

The tail light on my 2006 sv650 needs to be remounted along with the center rear tail fairing. When I bought the bike I didn’t realize it was loose and the guy just zip tied the inside To the fairing (which is probably how it broke, don’t ask how I didn’t notice this issue lol)

so I bought a new center rear tail fairing and now I need to put everything together.

Problem is that I don’t know what push pins and bolts I need to properly mount the tail light to the mounting bracket underneath the rear seat. Please, any suggestions?

thanks!!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Look up parts diagrams on parts dealers sites such as Partzilla, Ron Ayers, etc. They'll show you which pins and bolts go where. Best to buy the parts from these sites as well to avoid buying wrong sizes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Look up parts diagrams on parts dealers sites such as Partzilla, Ron Ayers, etc. They'll show you which pins and bolts go where. Best to buy the parts from these sites as well to avoid buying wrong sizes.
Thank you for the reply! However, I have checked those sites but I can’t seem to find the diagram that shows the rear tail light and the screws/connections for it. I’ve looked forever! That’s actually why I came to the community here. Haha!

If someone would be so kind to provide a link to the diagram if they’re able to find it? It would be tremendously appreciated. I really want to get this done so I can have a little more fun on the bike before putting it away for the winter.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Look for Tail Lamp and Seat Tail Cover on this overview:

The lamp needs only four bolts that will hold both side covers together (parts #2 & #3 in the Tail Lamp section). The top and lamp cover are held in by notches. There are holes on the fairings where the pins go. Can't miss them, it's all out in the open.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts