Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get a guard for my radiator?
I don't want a chrome one, but something like a wire net. I don't want people to even know that it is there. And it needs to be cheap.
I have tried the homemade guard, but it looks dumb and I don't know exactly how to hold it on to the radiator?

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
I build a homemade one.... Gutter guard. I clipped out a big enough piece so that I could wrap it around the radiator and bolt it underneath the side caps on my naked.

Works good. I painted it black. So far it has lasted 3 years, and just now the paint is fading/peeling.

Doesn't matter as I have a nice mesh one to go on there. Ebay is the best bet, as that's where I got mine.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Radiator grill

Does anyone know if the radiator grill in the Dennis Kirk magazine is made well enough? I have been still looking around and they seem to be one of the cheapest at $83. I have also looked at Hamicad (expensive), Cox racing (cheap), and ones on the internet (expensive shipping from UK).
Thanks.

·
MOTORADOR
10,829 Posts
+2

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
My last 2 SV's had home made radiator guards. I simply went to a place that made screens (usually any hardware store) and gave them the measurements. Cost less than 10 bucks. I was selling a kit for a while, with all the required hardware, but it got to be too much hassle. My current SV has a Cox radiator guard. It's a nice design. Black, attaches with a bolt and wire ties. Cost me around 70 bucks. You almost don't know it's there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts