Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

ive seen people do this...so what is it made out of and where do ya get it?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
evilbologna said:
Its just a seat belt. Go rip one out of a car. Its the same stuff :)
great!!! ill use natasha's car....oh and ill also need to take a LARGE life ins. policy out on her :)

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
blacktape said:
great!!! ill use natasha's car....oh and ill also need to take a LARGE life ins. policy out on her :)
See, you're a thinker! Although I dont know if I could put a monetary value on her...

·
OberKommandant
6,133 Posts
Blacktape, you might want to read up on it before you do it (the heat wrap that is, not the ins) I was looking into doing part of my new pipe where it comes up behind the rearset and after doing some research I decided against it. Supposedly it's not good for the pipe and it can actually hurt performance.

·
Registered
37 Posts
before you arder any online, call local cruiser shops. Its an old school look and these guys usually have a big roll laying around. Theyy probably sell you a length cheap.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Wrapping the exhaust will hold the heat in, increasing exhaust velocity (good for a turbo) and saving any heat sensitive parts that may be close to the exhaust. The problem is if you wrap it, you can expect a very short lifespan out of your exhaust due to rust and metal fatigue.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts