Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this topic has been discussed countless time before. But it kinda pisses me off that no one makes an '05 color matched undertail. Everyone says "03+". Who wants to spend $180 plus on a piece of plastic that doesn't even match the color of your bike? I know people say that there isn't much of a difference in the blue, but if there is any difference at all, its going to drive me crazy to see a perfect match on the hugger and the the bike, but the undertail is off. To me, it's tacky and looks amateur. And I'm sick of looking at this ugly ass rear fender. I went with the FE kit option, and the first time I drove through a puddle, I ended up cleaning water out of my back end. Do the people with brand new bikes have to settle for a mismatch?

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Some of the 03 ones are a bit different (40mm subframe change in 04) 04-05 are the same. Check out the Holeshot one... its powdercoated black metal and very nice....

Photowhoring....initiate...

·
Registered
899 Posts
My Hotbodies undertail was color matched to the 05 yellow color on my bike and it matches! Check with them for your year and color!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nudist said:
Some of the 03 ones are a bit different (40mm subframe change in 04) 04-05 are the same.  Check out the Holeshot one... its powdercoated black metal and very nice....

Photowhoring....initiate...

There is something familiar about this bike....you sure you're new here? ;)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cyclerider....did you order through oneida? or did you order through hotbodies directly? You told them you had an '05 and they matched the color?

I've heard the 03+ matches awesome on the hotboides yellow...but not as good on the blue.

There should be no reason at all that they can't make an undertail that matches the '05 blue perfectly.

If anyone out there has an ermax on a blue '05, I'd like to know how well it matches. I'm not down with spending 300+ on an undertail, but if its my only option for a perfect match, I may consider it.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
slappermouth said:
There is something familiar about this bike....you sure you're new here?  ;)
Yep, just signed up yesterday ;D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.