Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I bought my first motorcycle!!! And I’m so excited!!! I got myself a 2002 SV650 and want to learn as much about it as I can from you seasoned riders.

I’m curious if anyone can help me find the idle speed screw. I stalled it twice driving it home. Could very likely be due to my lack of skill.

I read the manual which recommends an idle speed of 1200-1400. My bike is sitting around 800-1000 after warming up. The picture of the screw In the manual is very vague. Attached is a few pics of the side of my ride.

Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
887 Posts
Youtube is your friend :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Youtube is your friend :)

I tried YouTube. But the SVs used in the vids are either newer and have a hand adjusted idle control or have a small plate holding the screw right on the frame. Neither of which seems to be the case with mine.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I tried YouTube. But the SVs used in the vids are either newer and have a hand adjusted idle control or have a small plate holding the screw right on the frame. Neither of which seems to be the case with mine.
Put your year and model into here and with luck it should help,

and bookmark for Future reference as it's handy to use Partsfiche along with WSMs :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts