Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, its time for a new streetbike. I have an Sv650 racebike and i picked up a 05 636 for a streetbike at the beginning of the year.
Problem is i hate the 636, i'm thinking of getting rid of it and getting a black sv1ks

Anyways, on to my question.... how much hp can a 1000 take before it goes pop?

I've decided that my next bike will be much faster in a strait line, and i try to get out every week and drag race, but i also do long rides

there is a local company that does superchargers on bikes, they were featured in one of those euro mags a while bike....

so any guesses? 150? 175? 180+?

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Since it's based on a TL1K which makes 129, it has to be over 150.

I guess it kinda goes like my Dad says about turbo waste gates... tighten it until you blow the motor then back it off 1/2 a turn :lol:

·
site supporter
6,095 Posts
Are you planning to do any bottom end (crank, rods) work? Or just try to turn the stock mill into a grenade?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fatass SVS said:
Are you planning to do any bottom end (crank, rods) work? Or just try to turn the stock mill into a grenade?
well, see how much the stock bottom end can handle, then go from there :wink:

i was more wondering what a stock block motor could handle before it went pop

I would probable be better off beefing everything up, but sometimes its more like "if it aint broke, dont fix it, and if it does brake it needed to be upgraded anyways!!"

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have a TLR motor that has 134HP at the rear wheel. I plan on putting it in to a SV1000S.

If you are looking for HP, why not just a get a GSXR 1000 or a Hayabusa? It would xost you a lot less in the long run, unless you got money to piss away and it has to be spent on a V-TWIN.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've had plenty of I4 bikes, my last was a 03 gsxr1k and the current being the 636
Several reasons actually, the biggest being that i4's dont really do it for me
other than that i just want to be different, i like building/having strange stuff

·
Registered
111 Posts
That's cool. I have seen some other guys piss and moan about it being a liter bike and being less than 110 HP, etc , etc.

I understand about the V-twin thing. I have two, one is waiting on a lower half (motor).

Are you familiar with the SVportal site? It s for the SV1000. There are some guys there that might be able to help your journey be easier.

I know JHs Racing has some bore kit, cams, and other stuff to juice the motor up.

www.sv1000.zyns.com and www.jhsracing.co.uk

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
i know a guy who has over 150 rwhp in his sv and sprays the hell out of it. 75-100 shot. but then, he's also spent more than what the bike is worth in the engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts