Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Far from midrange? Using your chart they all are making more than the SV650 peak by 6k. Ya dont think thats midrange eh? Perhaps you missed the reason for this thread, SV650 owner wanting to move to liter. Its about comparison, the OP questioning and wondering. Its not comparing a R1 to a CBR900RR. I dont care if you've ridden however many bikes however many times. It makes no difference. Like many members here, you're stuck in this mindset that hovers in the wrong. As always, everyones open to their opinions. Except you. I can argue semantics forever. Point is, your opinion is heavily flawed and in general, sucks.

SV650 is the best!
NO it's not best, but it's really hard to get used to something else, especially when your used to actually going when you crack the throttle....you know, being responsive, inline fours suck when it comes to throttle response off the bottom and in the middle "FACT", it's only my opinion that it makes them less fun.

I'm not comparing literbikes to literbikes ****tard, I simply stated their weakest point which is why myself and most other twin riders would'nt own one, but if you got such an erection for them i'll say that an SS bike is a lot more stable and holds a line better than the SV...FACT! but other than that their just boring to ride...OPINION! and the power delivery sucks for anyone that's use to a twin...OPINION!

I labled this post so you know what to and what not to take as a literal and universal statement of fact. Maybe in the future my opinions won't make your cooz bleed so much.

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
despite his "unpolished" responses, redraptor is right...looking at the chart (and he already said this) at 6K revs the literbikes are making more power than the SV650 makes in it's wettest dream (stock config). they're all hovering around 75hp, and as i recall it requires a big-bore kit to get an SV650 to put out that much at peak revs/hp.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I went from a SV to a GSXR 600 and I have to say, I have no urge to ever get a liter bike. My 600 will do anything and everything I ask it to do, and for the riding I do, it has more than enough power. Plus there is no reason that anyone should have a bike that will do over 160 mph, its too tempting to do top my bike out now. The only other bike I'd ever want would be a Gsxr 750 b/c I've wanted one since I was a kid.

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
some day i might get a 744cc big-bore kit for my SV.

not because i need big power. although maybe a few more HP might not suck!

mainly because i like customizing my SV! if i keep the power gains modest, say 75hp tops, i should *not* have any reliability problems.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
This makes me ignore everything else you've said.
Haha pure sarcasm. It was in jest to poke at the attitude that flows around here. SV650 is quite slow and isnt anywhere near the best, at anything. I do miss mine for the character but performance wise I miss nothing.

RR, your facts are still not facts. Merely generalized statements. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I jumped to a litre.

It's just a natural progression. No, no one "needs" a litre, but no one "needs" a motorcycle, really. You won't use the top end, but the extra kick at all rideable speeds is very luxurious. My SV had some issues at around 80 indicated. It was comparatively buzzy and didn't have the punch I wanted. A litre gives you a much more comfortable highway ride. At 80, the motor is not even trying. A litre lets you you can teleport yourself out of bad traffic situations with merely a thought. You can accelerate up a ramp like you're jumping to light speed. Any of your hooligan practices (off-road use only of course) are easy at any speed.

Why do people buy V-8 trucks, when for 99% of us, a small 4-cyl car would work?

We're all here for some power, otherwise we'd be riding cruising bikes. It's just more of what you like. More capability in any situation.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts