Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok heres a poll for ya.

When did you first take the bike out for a spin after winter?

J

·
0 Posts
depends on the weather. this year i rode january 1st, yesterday and a time between that

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
this winter I have ridden less than normal, only 1500 miles since jan 1st . I only ride short rides in winter, 50 miles or so cause frost heavs give you a workout.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
When ever I get mine back together... Still in pieces... Atleast now I'll have everything back to reassemble this week.

But usually like Ron.. it's never put away.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My SV is my main transportation (cage is broken down, and I don't feel like throwing down $500 to fix it). So I've ridden pretty much every day since last riding season. Then again, it hasn't snowed once this winter, just constant annoying rain.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I put my fisrt 50 miles for this year yesterday!

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Normally I don't ride during the middle of winter, but the call of the SV sitting in my house was just too much, and I had to take it out whenever the weather was good. Kinda like a virgin on prom night, just saying " Ride me, ride me" :lol:

I went for the first ride in Januray, thanks to the crazy weather we ahve here in NJ.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
entropysedge said:
I usually ride every other week during the winter as long as there's no ice on the roads.
So much for the ride today in NJ, damn rain. :cry:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I live on a dirt road that in covered in ice, so I'll ride whenever the ice melts and the muck dries up so I can get my bike out to the pavement.

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
Today,actually.First day in NY that it's been decent enough for a ride.Although,i have no registration,plates,or inspection :twisted: (stupid,yes.but it's the first time i've rode an SV,let alone a road bike and i LOVE it)
But I do live in the middle of nowhere,so I couldn't resist!

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
its nice year around in CA :p

·
Registered
6,316 Posts
Just returned ,from a really nice rain ride. :) Tourmaster one piece & boots,and i am really starting to love these conti Attack tires :D

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
After the first decent rain - like the one yesterday and today. If it's dry in the morning, I'll ride to work tomorrow.

Gotta be careful in these early days in the colder climate areas. Salt, chewed up roads and rusty skills are all present and can conspire to destroy the season before it started. The roads NEVER look the same than you recall due to heaving, salt and grime.

Case in point.....local guy buys a 2005 GSXR-750. Goes home. At 25 mph around a corner, loses traction/gains - highside. Hole in clutch cover, rashed plastics, seriously bruised ego.....and the bike and season aren't even 6 hours old.

S

·
0 Posts
I had my out once in feb due to the freakish warm weather we had, and ive been out a few time this week. Still a little chilly but my car broke down .....really i had no choice but to take the bike :roll:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts