Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in need of new rubbers but srsly the prices of the new breed of tires are unreal. When did the price for a 160/60-17 rear tire rise above the $190 price mark?? Roadsmart II, Road Attack 2, Sport Attack 2, Storm 2, Road 3 all above $190 for a rear before you even add in shipping or local tax?? Phuck ME!!!!!!!

:(

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
you can get a PR3 rear for $162 shipped from M-S. Roadsmart II $171. don't know where you're shopping.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've actually gotten into the habit of buying used on ebay. If you search hard enough, you can find good deals. I picked up some Road Attack II's with only about 100 miles on them. They came off a 99 sv that was dumped at 10mph. Insurance totaled the bike, so the guy was parting it out. The tires looked a little dirty when they arrived, but looked to have no visible wear. I won that auction for $79 shipped to my door and I've got about 6k on them now. I'm looking to easily get 10k out of the rear and probably 12k from the front. Thats about a penny for every 1.5 miles i travel(not bad when it comes to bike tires).

I know some frown at the idea of used tires, but as long as you are careful and "picky", I've never had a problem buying used.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I'm running Continental Conti-motions. They're $95 for a rear and $65 for a front at sportbiketrackgear. They're sport-touring, so not super aggressive track tires or anything. However, for the price, they're great so far. I'm on my first set of tires, so I don't have long term experience with them. However, so far I have about 7500 miles or so on the set. The rear is about finished. I might get another thousand miles out of the rear... maybe. The front is still good and I will likely get two rears for one front if the front one continues its current rate of wear. For the price, I'm happy with that kind of mileage on the tires.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I paid $250 for Pilot Pure's front and rear. Q2's would have been $200

You need to find a better shop!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Yeah, looks like they've gone up some.

I got my last set of Pirelli Angel STs for $246. From the same place, right now they're $272.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I paid $250 for Pilot Pure's front and rear. Q2's would have been $200

You need to find a better shop!
Yeah but I'm in the sport touring type tires that I won't square off in a few weeks of Florida riding. :vroom:

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Most recent purchase was two months ago -- a Pilot Road 2 rear - $129 at a local shop. The matching front was $85 at CycleGear a few months prior, but that was when they were having a 20% off sale. (Should have bought the rear tire, then.) In general, tires have gone up in price (oil prices, maybe?), but deals are still out there.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Man, not sure where you're shopping but a few months ago I paid $160 for a Diablo Rosso II rear tire for my Ducati, from the Ducati dealership, and that was for a 180/55R-17!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Most recent purchase was two months ago -- a Pilot Road 2 rear - $129 at a local shop. The matching front was $85 at CycleGear a few months prior, but that was when they were having a 20% off sale. (Should have bought the rear tire, then.) In general, tires have gone up in price (oil prices, maybe?), but deals are still out there.
Oil prices have a lot of play in the rubber prices, among other things, seems none of the things that factor into tire prices are going down sadly.

·
very big dumb
8,894 Posts
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0043YDQ14/ref=sc_pgp__m_AJO8BSPGGJBVI_3?ie=UTF8&m=AJO8BSPGGJBVI&n=&s=&v=glance[/ame]

with amex points and amazon giftcard (acquired via bank of america points) I'm getting one for like $20 :)

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I'm running Continental Conti-motions. They're $95 for a rear and $65 for a front at sportbiketrackgear. They're sport-touring, so not super aggressive track tires or anything. However, for the price, they're great so far. I'm on my first set of tires, so I don't have long term experience with them. However, so far I have about 7500 miles or so on the set. The rear is about finished. I might get another thousand miles out of the rear... maybe. The front is still good and I will likely get two rears for one front if the front one continues its current rate of wear. For the price, I'm happy with that kind of mileage on the tires.
I have put these on a couple bikes and have been extremely happy with them. I dont think they can be beat for the price for your average rider that commutes and does spirited weekend riding.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts