Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
rx191 said:
what do you all think, i have a silver 02 svs and it currently has silver wheels on it, what do you think about putting black ones on it.
unless you do the frame black its going to look silly imo.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Been done a lot, looks good like that without painting the frame. Be sure to go gloss black, semi or satin always looks dirty? Good luck

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yah thats what i plan on doing to my 01, black out the wheels. Im first gonna polish the lip on the wheels and see how that looks and black outhe centers. If it looks good ill leave it if not im gonna black the whole thing out.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Don´t know of the US, but in Germany the 2000 models were sold with anthracite (sp?) wheels. Looks better than glossy black IMHO and both look better than the silvery ones. Don´tt know why they discontinued the dark wheels (cost?), though, they never reappeared in the product line. By clicking here you can see a 2000 SV with dark wheels as they came stock (more pix of the bike to be found here).

So, if you paint black, I would recommend semi. Your choice. :)

Ciao
Jan

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
That'd look good on a yellow, black or silver bike IMO, rubbish on anything else. The silver curvy SV is a bit too monochrome for my tastes. But if it were me, I'd find a place than can coat in the smoked chrome... MMM.

Jan's right, the grey wheels were nicer than the silver...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts