Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have heard from many people that its not smart to ride wheelies on SVs. they say it starves the front cylinder of oil. Is this true?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Oil will be pumped to where it needs to go...

However:

All bikes have bad things happen when the oil pump can't find any oil to pump into the cylinders.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I haven't been able to blow one up yet

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I haven't been able to blow one up yet
Me either, I don't ride them for miles but going a quarter mile every couple of weeks has'nt done anything to mine, it's a second gen and according suzuki techs the oil pickup is closer to the back of the engine, first gens the pickup is closer to the front which would make it more likely to burn up while on the back wheel.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Me either, I don't ride them for miles but going a quarter mile every couple of weeks has'nt done anything to mine, it's a second gen and according suzuki techs the oil pickup is closer to the back of the engine, first gens the pickup is closer to the front which would make it more likely to burn up while on the back wheel.
that is incorrect. it is in exact same location.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Ok my bad, suzuki tech gave bad info in that article that was written about the issue and I've never cracked my cases open to see...so I figured a suzuki factory tech would be right.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts