Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have heard riding wheelies will starve the front cyl. of oiil. anybody had this happen?? i havent..yet. i dont wheelie as much as id like to. and id like to know if any one on here has had any expirence with this happening. Any loss of copression or burning up of cyl and piston? or do the cams in the head go as well? and will an sv1000 have the same problem im in the market for one now.

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
Wheelies are known to cause a low sperm count. If you're planning to have kids, you should probably avoid them.

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Maybe it's jut me. But I can't ride a wheelie to save my life. Oddly enough it seems I can wheelie better with a full tank of gas than an empty tank. And even that is more of a 10' wheelie not even close to 45degrees either haha. Right now I'm in the market for a buell to wheelie the crap outta. I here they have a dry sump wich eliminates the oil starvation.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I've got as much time on one wheel as I do two and never had any issues at all.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I had to replace the crank on one of my SV,s that had approx 4000 miles on it. Due to really long wheelies. Verified by the Suzuki mechanic. Your results may differ but I have owned dozens of bikes and this one is the only one with crank failure. My TLR did not have this problem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts