Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a silly question, but does a brand new motorcycle typically come with wheel weights? I've not bought a new motorcycle in decades, and I simply cannot remember.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
If you mean for balancing tyres then I would image some do if they need it :/

PS

I balance and weight mine when off the bike using the axle and between two ,"Wheelie Bins" :D

PPS
One of my old jobs when I was younger was a tyre and exhaust fitter and of course we had electronic balancing machines at some places :O)

Reactions: Geo Smith

·
Registered
433 Posts
I bought my 03 when it had 3000 miles on it and I remember it having wheel weights on the center spine of the rims. As far as I knew at the time, the tires were factory original.

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, thanks guys. I'm still considering the R6 barn find SS found. But I noticed it had weights on the back wheel. I thought this might give me a suspicion for the accuracy of the claimed 1,111 miles on the bike. It simply looks a bit ragged for having such few miles.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Okay, thanks guys. I'm still considering the R6 barn find SS found. But I noticed it had weights on the back wheel. I thought this might give me a suspicion for the accuracy of the claimed 1,111 miles on the bike. It simply looks a bit ragged for having such few miles.
A mile of my late brother's miles equals 1,000 normal persons miles!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I once lost a wheelweight on the ft. Of my Svs....
I was 350mi. From home in the Allegash of Maine, solo, when the bike developed a bad vibration at 50mph.
And above. There was no parts store for over 100mi. , Soo I silicone RTV glued a stone onto the wheel next to the mark from the ejected wheelweight and viola, no more vibration for the rest of my trip.

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My 2000 SV650 has no wheel weights. Maybe I don't notice any vibration because the fucker is never ridden fast enough to notice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts