Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
doesnt the sv1000 allready have a 5.5 inch wheel with a 180 tire.
which is same as the gsxr wheel...
i dont know anything about the 1000 tho...

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Kid Thunder said:
doesnt the sv1000 allready have a 5.5 inch wheel with a 180 tire.
which is same as the gsxr wheel...
i dont know anything about the 1000 tho...
then why are you answering the question huh? huh!? ;D

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
As of right now, I have the wheels from my 2001 GSXR 600 on my 2003 SV1Ks...the wheels and tires are exactly the same size. Just use the spacers and cush drive from the bike you are putting the wheels on, and all should fit fine.

G

·
DougZ said:
As of right now, I have the wheels from my 2001 GSXR 600 on my 2003 SV1Ks...the wheels and tires are exactly the same size. Just use the spacers and cush drive from the bike you are putting the wheels on, and all should fit fine.
and front rotors.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
TWF said:
and front rotors.
Nope, had to take the rotors from the SV wheels and put them on the GSXR wheels....blue loctite, what a PIA. ;D

G

·
DougZ said:
Nope, had to take the rotors from the SV wheels and put them on the GSXR wheels....blue loctite, what a PIA. ;D
that is what I ment,rotors are not same.sv is 310 and gsxr 320.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
TWF said:
that is what I ment,rotors are not same.sv is 310 and gsxr 320.
Yep, found that out as soon as I went to mount the calipers back on..damn Zuki. ;D

G

·
they keep changing rotor size lately.I think 05 gsxr1000 is 305 and has different bolt patern.in 06 looks like they going to 310 on gsxr's.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
TWF said:
they keep changing rotor size lately.I think 05 gsxr1000 is 305 and has different bolt patern.in 06 looks like they going to 310 on gsxr's.
I didn't care about having the change the rotors over, it was the two allen keys I bent to hell and one allen socket I broke trying to get out the bolts, that go in with 16.5 ft/lbs of torque and blue loctite, but take a miracle of God to get out with out stripping the heads ;D

G

·
DougZ said:
I didn't care about having the change the rotors over, it was the two allen keys I bent to hell and one allen socket I broke trying to get out the bolts, that go in with 16.5 ft/lbs of torque and blue loctite, but take a miracle of God to get out with out stripping the heads ;D
best part is you dont know it will strip bolt untill it does :)
use some valve lapping compound and put some on bolt and/or allen.it grips better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.