Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
noob qestion here. I just bought a set of wheels off of a 06 for my 07. they have michelin pilot powers already installed on them. i bought them from a guy that parts salvaged bikes and am pretty sure the wheels and tires came off 2 different 06 bikes. the front wheel has probably about 60% and the rear about 80%. i bought them for the wheels the tires just came as a bonus i wasnt looking for. i dont see weights on the rear wheel anywhere or any residue from a weight being glued and was wondering if i should take the wheel in and have it balanced before i swap wheels tomorrow? i looked on my rear wheel that is being taken off the bike and it also doesnt have any weight on it and it still has the oem tire on it. just didnt want to get gouged by the local dealer doing it. are there typicaly weight on the rear wheel? thanks

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Stick the axle through in it and prop it up on some jack stands and see for yourself if it's balanced. You will see it swing back and forth and finally stop with the heavy spot down if it's not balanced.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts