Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2017 SV, with stock gearing, my favorite is definitely 3rd gear. What I like to do on my favorite stretch of road is go full throttle starting at 30mph in 3rd. I just gun it and take it all the way to 90mph, just below 10k rpm. The acceleration is amazing. I get pushed back in the seat and have to hold on for dear life. So much fun! Best bike I've ever owned. ;D

·
Registered
476 Posts
2017 SV here too. I think my favourite is 5th, there are a couple of roads about an hour's ride from me (in North Wales, for any Brits reading this) which are my favourite roads to ride. They're a mix of snaking, flowing curves and short straights of about 1000 yards.

When I hit those roads, 5th gear is perfect for them, just rolling on and off the throttle between around 4,500 and 8,000rpm while flicking the bike from left to right, right to left. If there's no traffic (and there rarely is), it's like piloting a plane doing a low-level run. It puts the bike right in the meaty part of the torque curve for overtaking, too.

Also, despite the gear indicator, I STILL try and change to 7th gear sometimes, so 6th is fun too ;)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Also, despite the gear indicator, I STILL try and change to 7th gear sometimes, so 6th is fun too ;)
You don't know how many times I've cranked up the shift lever just to be remained that there's no 7th gear on our SVs.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
I like all 6 of em. 4 to 5K (usually 3rd) gives me as much drive out of curves as my 1100 with 120#s less weight. I do love my SV.

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
I like 1 2 3 4 5 and 6. I use every one of them on every ride.
I never had, or even thought about a favorite.

·
Registered
45 Posts
All of them except neutral. I use that too, I just don't consider it a favorite unless it's 100 degrees out and I'm at a long stop light. Then it suddenly becomes my absolute favorite gear

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's 4th gear for me,but the whole gearbox is so sweet and positive,and selecting neutral when stopping so easy.definitely the best of all my bikes so far

·
MOTORADOR
10,817 Posts
Cycle Gear because my friend Trevor works there and he gives me good discounts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts