Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Well, at least I don't have to worry about it anymore.

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
**** Mav...is that a R&G slider sitting there broken off?

You ok?

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Mod more ride less! lol

·
Registered
358 Posts
Looks like a bike I almost bought on craiglist a few years ago. 3 days of asking for pictures and I finally got a picture like this...everything looks fine except it had no shifters.

Hope you're ok.

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
Here...I buffed out the damage and remounted your slider...

hope you're ok

·
Registered
257 Posts
Really not too bad for damage. What was the situation? If you're up shootin pics and posting hopefully nothing too bad?

What kind of slider was that? Shouldn't they slide, not snap??

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Yeah parking inside is the best way to prevent bike theft.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No, it's the prototype batch of sliders made by Nucular. He retro'd them to fit vortex sliders. Looks like the aluminum threads pulled right out.

I was making a left hand turn in an intersection.. must have been some ice out, my outside temp gauge says below freezing right now. Too much gas in a left hand turn in intersection + race takeoffs. All this damage and I was going less than 10mph.

Damage:
Left Fairing (******, just got it painted)
Vortex Puck
Left DL650 Handguard scraped
Left LSL Barend scraped
Left Mirror Cracked
Rearset - Broke clean off

Myself.. there's a little tear in my left thumbs gloves.. and my ego and left buttcheek are a little bruised. Banged the back of the EXO-1000 on the pavement. ATTGATT!

I'm quite disappointed in the performance of the Vortex slider, will have to see if there is some way Nate from Motosliders can help me retro real sliders on. The aluminum portion of the sliders worked perfect. There isn't a scratch on the rest of the bike (well, at least not from the wreck).

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Guess I'm going half faired again. Now to figure out how to get a left side rearset by Saturday.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
No offense to Nuclear but next time stick with Nate's Motosliders. They've been well proven already.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No no, these were the prototype to Motosliders full fairing sliders. Nucular made a late batch that used Vortex sliders for people who wanted them early, since Motosliderss were taking too long to produce them.

I believe he also made a set that utilizes the regular motosliders.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts