Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Twice now it has just simply unscrewed itself and fell off on me as I was riding. Did I loose a lock nut or something? It doesn't look like the bolt comes out of the other side to attach any sort of nut or anything to. It seams that the bolt just works it way out. After the first time it happened I checked it every day before riding, so it doesn't take it long to come out, if it does. Can I just weld the **** thing together so it doesn't happen again?

·
Registered
919 Posts
Thats happened to a lot of SVers. Me included. I had just shifted into sixth and was coming up on a turn. I tried to shift back down to third and NO LEVER! That wasn't a fun turn as I was still new to riding and real wobbly through turns. I'm still wobbly but I know my lever is gonna be there. I loctited it and check it regularly. Dang v-twin vibes! (But I wouldn't trade them for the world.)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I had this happen from the factory tech spec ... but even without loctite my tightening fixed the problem.

That said blue loctite is necessary

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
uhh, BLUE loctite is the 'removable' kind, the RED is pretty tough..

and yes BLUE loctite is your friend, unless ya got a Hardly Ferguson! lolo..

·
Registered
99 Posts
That just happened to me on Sunday...Mine looks like the bushing on the peg assembly is completely stripped out and I've never even had it disassembled. I had to cross thread it just to get the bolt for the gear shift to hold tight so I could make it the rest of the way in to work. I'm looking for some replacement rearsets now. I was thinking about going to the GSXR rearsets (cheaper than the SV specific aftermarket upgrades...at least on ebay anyway)

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
I know I have seen it happen. It's also not a part I would hesitate using red locktite on...how often do you ever foresee a reason to remove that.

·
Registered
53 Posts
All you need is a torch to remove the red stuff. (says he who noticed earlier today that the PO of his bike put red loctite on the front sprocket nut)

Good thing I bought a MAPP torch last month, 500* red loctite won't stand up to a 5000* flame, hehe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts