Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a thing that looks like a dipstick under my rear seat. I've tried to search for it but with out any names or real clues as to what it is I couldn't find anything. Can someone give me some insight as to what this is? 06 650

·
Registered
165 Posts
After you have your seat removed, you undo the two bolts that hold down the front of the gas tank. The tank hinges at the rear to do maintenance like changing your air filter. You use the rod to hold the tank up. The ring goes round the steering stem bolt and the other end goes through one of the tank hold down holes. There is a diagram of it in the owners manual if you have one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a bubble wand put there to make new people ask what's under the rear seat and recreate the same thread about whats under the rear seat over and over again.
That seems like a waste of material and money, I wonder why they would do that? :lmao: actually like I said I did search for a while but none of my previous bikes had anything like this so there was no way for me to know. Duplicate threads are going to happen, it's life.

Thank you everyone for the quick responses. I'm actually pretty happy to know that this is there; it seems really convenient.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts