Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just trying to decide between a sv650 and a buell lightning (only bikes i can afford insurance on) but the buells are **** slow, so whats the stock time on these bikes? and how could i get plastics to make it look like this? (stolen from gallery here) thanks for helping this bike noob

·
Registered
183 Posts
fastest I have seen claimed is about 12.1 or so from a guy that weighed about 130. With my big a$$ on it, about 14 seconds. lol I seriously need to lose some weight and perfect my launches. would like to get closer to low thirteens or better.

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
between 12 and 14 seconds is what I read everywhere.

about the fairing, it's a suzuki OEM accesory. Here's my bike with the fairings:

·
Registered
44 Posts
My bone stock 07 naked runs 13.4's @99mph with a 225 pound rider at a track that is 4500 feet in altitude. The track is rated at .9393 so if you do the math that equates to 12.58 at sea level.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
I did a 12.54 /109.6 with my nekid 99 & 300 lb lard ass, I was surprised at how close I kept with the busa in the other lane for the first 2/3 of the run

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I did a 12.54 /109.6 with my nekid 99 & 300 lb lard ass, I was surprised at how close I kept with the busa in the other lane for the first 2/3 of the run
What gear were you in before he started pulling away? Having an extra 4k of rpm really helps... my buddies are still finishing second while I'm shifting to fourth...

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
My best was 12.08 at 112 with a perfect .500 light, perfect for this track, and that was stock. It was during the summer with a cool front, temp was around 65 but the track temp was still up around 95....just after dark.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Just trying to decide between a sv650 and a buell lightning (only bikes i can afford insurance on) but the buells are **** slow, so whats the stock time on these bikes? and how could i get plastics to make it look like this? (stolen from gallery here) thanks for helping this bike noob
First off as a new rider (if you are a new rider) this kind of thinking is the last thing you should be considering - Speed shouldn't come into play till after you have some motorcycle handling experience. :rolleyes:
Continue along this line of thinking and ..... well crashing sucks so we'd rather not read another thread about it :vroom:

Oh not sure if your buying used or new but the new SVs come with the plastics already there and the SV would be the better choice.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
What gear were you in before he started pulling away? Having an extra 4k of rpm really helps... my buddies are still finishing second while I'm shifting to fourth...
I was probably in 3rd, cause I remember shifting to 4th very close to the finish

the busa was likely still in 1st just shifting to second, then GONE, the busa was sub 10 at the end

·
Registered
181 Posts
08's & up pretty much look like that stock. Otherwise all that can be bought from Suzuki . This is an SV forum so, you'll like the SV way better than the Buell. Now ask away @ a Buell forum.

IMO you'll find the SV plenty fast enough for the street. If you spending lots of time at the track go for the Busa.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts