Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I am intrested in how much horsepower and Ft/lbs Torque the 2003+ Sv1000s has?? Like I said befor I rode my brothers 2003 CBR600rr and now I want to ride a Sv1000s.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Depending on who you believe and what dyno they used, I've seen stock HP numbers from 103 to 120. Torque peaks around 70 ft-lbs and is above 60 ft-lbs from 3k to 10k.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I just dynoed mine stock, and got 110 HP's and 70 ft/lbs of torque.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah Iv'e been looking it up and Iv'e seen alot of 110 horsepower and 70 ft/Ibs of torque but if anyone has any diffent numbers post them, Im going with 110 horsepower and 70 ft/lbs of torque

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
MountindewSV said:
Yeah Iv'e been looking it up and Iv'e seen alot of 110 horsepower and 70 ft/Ibs of torque but if anyone has any diffent numbers post them, Im going with 110 horsepower and 70 ft/lbs of torque
By the end the year, I hope to get a PCIII, and diff intake, then dyno tune it. I know a guy here in NJ that got his up to about 125. That would be nice. I will let you know how it goes.

M

·
0 Posts
DougZ said:
I know a guy here in NJ that got his up to about 125. That would be nice. I will let you know how it goes.
Reeeeheeeeeheeeeeeaalllllyyyyyyyyy???? Where in Jersey?!? :p

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
MaddMaxxNYC said:
DougZ said:
I know a guy here in NJ that got his up to about 125. That would be nice. I will let you know how it goes.
Reeeeheeeeeheeeeeeaalllllyyyyyyyyy???? Where in Jersey?!? :p
I don't know where he lives, I met him on a ride...he end up at the same spot we did, and I started talking to him about his 1K.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd like to hear some dyno results for *modded* SV1s. I've been reading a lot about the bike (here and elsewhere) and am pretty much sold on it to eventually replace my ZX6E, and I'm wondering how much HP I'll gain with Yoshi pipes or other mods. I'm pretty new to sport biking, but I assume that's the first power mod I should do on any bike.

Correction: My bad - I didn't notice the "125" comment above. I don't know what a PCIII is, though. Is there something that will boost the power more than after-market exhaust?

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
whit_g said:
I'd like to hear some dyno results for *modded* SV1s. I've been reading a lot about the bike (here and elsewhere) and am pretty much sold on it to eventually replace my ZX6E, and I'm wondering how much HP I'll gain with Yoshi pipes or other mods. I'm pretty new to sport biking, but I assume that's the first power mod I should do on any bike.

Correction: My bad - I didn't notice the "125" comment above. I don't know what a PCIII is, though. Is there something that will boost the power more than after-market exhaust?
A PCIII is a device that uses diferent ignition/fuel maps than the stock settings. Basically, if a bike has carbs, you jet the carbs to get more fuel...if a bike has fuel injection, its controlled by a computer, so you bypass the computer and use a PCIII to get more fuel into the system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Okay, I thought it might be something like that. And do you lose fuel efficiency when driving normally when you have that installed and drive normally, or just when you hit the throttle? Any idea how much HP that modification buys you?

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
With a higher flow exhaust, a higher flowing intake, and a properly tuned PCIII, you can get that extra 15 HP's, going from stock 110 to 125. These results are from someone that I talked to, and I can't state for a fact that is true.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I turned 118hp, and 64 fpt the other day (03 SV1k nekkid), granted Tucson is at elevation, and has some dry air. My bike is essentially stock but I was running 100octane race fuel. should have seen the look on all the harley riders faces when I outpulle 90% of them at the show.

·
Registered
10 Posts
117HP on the Suzuki Dyno and the FUSA dyno. PC3 and M4 full system. Seems as though you either get a Monday motor or a Friday motor ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts