Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the most asked question made by non-riders for motorcycle riders?

Our experiences so far in our collective SVRiding careers:

1. "Hey! Can you pop a wheelie on that?"

2. "Hey! How fast can you go on that thing?"

3. "Hey! Pop a wheelie!" (not technically a question, but they are asking you to do a stunt for them)

4. "Aren't you scared of crashing?"

5a. "Yo! can you stunt, foo?" (see below)

5b. "Dude! Can you stunt, bro?" (must be because it's naked...:rolleyes:)

5c. "How 'bout a burnout dawg, I like the way it smells, yeay!!!"

6. "Aren't you a little old for that kind of thing?"

7. "How many miles per gallon does that get?"

8. "Isn't it to cold to ride?"

9. "cool, can I ride it?"

10a. "Isn't that bike a little small for you?" (see below)

10b. "Why didn't you get a 600/750/1K/Harley/whatever?" (you look like a gorilla humping a blueberry)

10c. "Wow thats bigger than it looks. You ride that thing?!" (you look like a munchkin on that bike)

11. "Hay baby can I get a ride!" (I wish I got that question a bit more often)

12. "WTF is that thing you riding?" (heavily modded bike)

13. "what do you like about that bike?" (they think your bike sux bawls aka. "gay balls")

211. :ready:-"Ey holmes, you got insurance esse? 'Cuz you 'bout to get jacked, foo." *chikachikachicka (sound of butterfly knife flapping)

W. "Is that a real motorcycle?" (it's category "W" because it's such a stupid question)

What about you guyses?

·
Registered
396 Posts
"How 'bout a burnout dawg, I like the way it smells, yeay!!!"

What a truckload of douches.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
"How fast does it go" is probably the one I get asked the most, with "does it wheelie" the second most asked.

·
site supporter
6,095 Posts
"Aren't you a little old for that kind of thing?"

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
How many miles per gallon does that get?

[not really a question] I've ridden dirt bikes for years, but I'm too afraid of traffic to ride on the road.

Isn't it too cold out?

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I constantly get the pop a wheelie question, or all the kids in my just pantomime me popping a wheelie in hopes of me actually doing it. I need to rig up a way to shoot hot tar from the sides of my bike.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
"I could never ride a motorcycle."

There's an implied question, there. I usually ignore it.

·
Banned
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
"Aren't you a little old for that kind of thing?"
Thaaaat's one I haven't heard yet. Added to list.

Heres one that I hope none of you get asked:

211. :ready:-"Ey holmes, you got insurance esse? 'Cuz you 'bout to get jacked, foo." *chikachikachicka (sound of butterfly knife flapping)

·
Registered
896 Posts
i work in a hospital and i hear everyday "be careful" i hate that now. but i get whats the fastest youve gone alot. or when people ask me how much it costed

·
Registered
414 Posts
I get one you guys apparently don't, "cool, can I ride it?"

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
I get one you guys apparently don't, "cool, can I ride it?"
Yeah, not the most common, but definitely one of the most annoying.

"Why sure, let me just hand over the keys of something I worked my ass off for and treasure greatly, to some schmuck with no experience who will probably destroy it in a matter of seconds." **

**Bonus Annoying Points if you barely know the person.

The other most annoying one I get is, "Isn't that bike a little small for you?", and "Why didn't you get a 600/750/1K/Harley/whatever?

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
i work in a hospital and i hear everyday "be careful" i hate that now. but i get whats the fastest youve gone alot. or when people ask me how much it costed
Yeah, I used to get that all the time when I was commuting daily on my bicycle. Now I get it on the motorcycle...:rolleyes:

Whenever someone tells me to stay safe or have a safe ride home I say, "you too!"

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Yeah, not the most common, but definitely one of the most annoying.

"Why sure, let me just hand over the keys of something I worked my ass off for and treasure greatly, to some schmuck with no experience who will probably destroy it in a matter of seconds." **

**Bonus Annoying Points if you barely know the person.
;D Here, why don't you use my helmet too...and my jacket and boots. Oh, and would you like to borrow my underwear and socks while you're at it? I have some chewed food I haven't swallowed yet if you're interested.

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
Living here in HD country, that's the one I hear most. :mad:

Why don't I get a Harley? Um, because I don't really want one. Yet. :p
Yeah, really. Granted, I'd probably fit better on a large Harley, but I'm not all about paying $20k for ass jewlry.

;D Here, why don't you use my helmet too...and my jacket and boots. Oh, and would you like to borrow my underwear and socks while you're at it? I have some chewed food I haven't swallowed yet if you're interested.
:lol: Some people have no sense. In the apartment complex I used to live in, there was one guy who was dating some girl on the 1st floor or something, he saw me getting off the bike one day and started talking to me about motorcycles and stuff. Apparently he had a GSX-R 750 (lowered, extended swingarm, all the stuff makes no sense), or rather, used to have one. It was finally totaled after multiple crashes and he was still paying for it. Then he has the gall to say, "Lemme borrow your bike and I'll show you how to ride." Ahh hahah, I don't think so chuckles. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
414 Posts
There are actually a few people who I will let ride my bike, other riders and close friends who I know know how to ride. He!! riding friends bikes is how I knew I wanted something sporty instead of a cruiser. It just amazes me though that some non close friends or even people I just met will ask for the keys.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
usually someone tries to tell me

" I bet you have had that thing up to like 170!"

"Actually it tops out at about 125"

"Wow, why so slow?"

I then usually ask them how fast their bike goes....as anyone who asks me this does not have one..."Oh i dont have one"

OK THEN STFU

1 - 20 of 45 Posts