Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

What's best slip on for SV650 '05

6K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  shredG 
#1 ·
What is the best slip on for performance and sound? Or should I do the whole exhaust system? Thanks for the input.

#3 ·
Agreed. Buddy might save weight with a full but the stock engine really isn't restricted by the stock exhaust. It's big, it's ugly but it breathes well. And the added advantage of immunity to tickets for loud pipes.

#4 ·
Best bet would be a full system of course. But, in order to get the available gains, you need a Power Commander (or some such) and all of it tuned on a chassis dyno. The pipe alone will actually decrease power as it will throw the A/F mixture a good amount leaner than it already is. With just a slipon and K&N air filter, my '09 at part throttle mid range was lean completely off the dyno chart, and to some extent, lean all across the board. IOW, barely running. Would be even worse with a full system. After the PC5 and dyno tuning, it picked up 2hp on top and 5-6hp through the midrange (where it was so lean before), and runs faaar smoother all around. Plus, lost around 12lbs by ditching the stock muffler for the Werks slipon. Whole deal was nobodies idea of cheap, but the results were worth it for me..

#10 ·
#17 ·
M4 specializes in bike exhaust parts for Suzuki-brand bikes. Ive got their full system in stainless steel on my Gen 3 and also had their titanium version on my old Gen 2 bike. Very happy with both. Nice note, not crazy loud. Their headers are larger diameter than stock so gives a deeper sound. Seem to last well too.

This is from the JHS racing website in the UK:
We use M4 pipes with the Supertwin machines that we build. We choose M4 because the dyno shows that no other pipe can deliver such dramatic gains from the Suzuki SFV650 engine, while offering outstanding build-quality at a competitive price.

#18 ·
I went w/a 300mm/14in delkevic carbon can hi-mount, 47k on the engine, stock air filter.
Not a fan of the shorty style cans, didn't want an 18 incher either.. I'm really surprised how quiet it is, I pulled the baffle before installing it, and cant imagine ever needing it.
Throaty and deep, opens up nicely when I have it pinned but aside from that it is relatively quiet IMO.

I really like it + it was only about $285. I made a carbon fiber hangar bracket for it and I'm looking into having a new mid pipe bent to tweak the angle of the can, pointing it more up and in line with the tail section angle....
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Crankset Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel

#19 ·
I fitted a cheap Kemimoto slip on on my 99.

Mines a silver version of one of these,

Under 40 dollars. No re-jetting required. No engine power boost as such but much lighter than stock and easier to get to rear wheel for maintenance jobs.

Sounds like this,

but a bit deeper now as I've replaced the 85mm baffle with a 105mm one :)

#20 ·
I bought my bike with some really nice upgrades. One was a Scorpion Carbon Exhaust that looks just like the Delkevics mentioned. I'm currently working on my bike so forgive the garage shot but note the different angles that the mufflers are mounted. Mine is low next to the disk brakes, while the Delkevics are must higher. I LOVE MY EXHAUST, from the sound, the light weight, to not getting burned every time I get near it. I don't know what the previous owners paid. The can is just 18" and from end to end about 23". This forum ran a project way back in 2005 (I think) whereby everyone submitted photos of their exhausts, etc., and it was at least 6 pages long. I'm a fairly new member so I don't have all the archive information. Hope this helps! Wheel Fuel tank Tire Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Wheel Fuel tank Tire Automotive fuel system Vehicle

#21 ·
That is a sweet lookin' can 👍

The delks come in a low mount option as well, they just use a shorter mid pipe, much like yours..

and now i'm wondering if it might be fun to pickup a shorter can like 10-11in. or something...and swap 'em around when i'm feelin punchy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.