Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cruising around a slight bend this morning on the way to work and a dude on another bike coming my way sticks his hand out to says what up. I take my left hand off and do the same, look ahead and holy shit! Almost went off the road, wouldn't of been pretty. I remember target fixating for a second and then turning my head and I corrected my turn quck enough. After that happened I said to myself, fux doing that again.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
i've seen some people "wave" their foot. or just a nod would suffice.

but nothing says you have to wave. if you feel more comfortable concentrating on your riding, then that's what you should do - it's safer for everyone

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stranger said:
i've seen some people "wave" their foot. or just a nod would suffice.

but nothing says you have to wave. if you feel more comfortable concentrating on your riding, then that's what you should do - it's safer for everyone
Right, I never had a problem before however maybe it was because I didn't have my coffee yet and I simply didn't know my limitations.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I only wave on straights. No corner waving for me. ;D

If they throw a hand up at me mid turn, they are just gonna think I'm stuck up.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I'll frequently kick with my left foot.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
i only wave to sportbikers, the cruise ppl have pissed me off but yeah man in a corner ill do the head nod lol on straights ill do alil point or something, a "wave".

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
I had a few bikers flash their high/low beams this weekend

·
Registered
703 Posts
I've given a little double tap of the horn in similar situations before. It's about the only thing the horn is good for.

·
Registered
397 Posts
when I don't feel safe to life my hands off the handlebars, I usually look at the other rider and tip my head up then keep on riding.

·
Registered
419 Posts
This whole waving thing is a little dorky. I return al waves if it doesn't pose any risk to me or someone else, but I don't initiate them. There are so many freaking bikes nowadays you could spend half your life watching for bikes and returning waves.

Then there are the threads asking why people don't wave. Is there anything more silly than a grown man whining that other people won't wave at him?

If you can't take your hand off your bars without losing control then by all means forget about waving back. Just be aware that you've doubtless started a new thread somewhere.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I usually just nod my head

·
Registered
66 Posts
you could flick them off with your hand still on the handlebar, therefore that would be one less person to ever wave too ;)

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
when riding locally, (withing 25-30 mile radius) I find that I wave to as many cages as I do bikes, they wave at me, or flash thir lights, what can I say, I am a well known personality, then I see people in the supermarket or somewhere and they comment they saw me riding and didn't acknowledge them, so I just wave at everybody, on the road,while riding or driving, wait a minute, I waive when I'm drivng a cage too...... why, because in small New England towns, that's what a lot of people do

·
Registered
551 Posts
if its another sv...or someone i know. i will give them a point. stick my arm strait out and point a finger...

K

·
0 Posts
you could do a big silly ronald mcdonald wave and the bike will rock back and forth with the motion...  I either nod or a little straight out 'peace' wave if I'm riding lazy.  Turns or crossing intersections, I dont bother.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
give them the finger.... ;D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts