Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a leftover '03 SV1000 naked at a local dealership. Actually, I found three of them there. Anyhow, they're asking $7999, which I feel is way too high for a bike that's almost three years old (isn't that what they were new?). I was thinking of offering $6500, and see what they say. I'm going to test drive it tomorrow, and see if I really want to trade the 650. What would you guys offer for this bike?

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
$7999 is too high. They are selling left overs around here for $6500, there abouts.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I read that one. But I assumed that it was a used bike, with miles and wear on it. This is brand new leftover, which means they'll want more. Anyhow, thanks for responding. I think I might split the difference and offer $6200.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just paid $6700 for my 03 sv1000 naked with 0 miles as a 2 year leftover $7999 is the msrp if they want to move it they will take less. They offered me the deal I got on mine but i bought my 03 sv650 from them 2 years ago allso.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I took it for a test drive today. A little disappointed. I don't think I'll be trading. It pulled like a locomotive from 4000-7000, but quickly ran out of steam. And it seemed to thump and shake quite a bit under hard acceleration. I'm sure this is perfectly normal for a twin of that displacement, but I kind of expected a little more refinement. On the positive side, I will say the torque is brutal! As hard as that thing pulls, I can't believe it wasn't bringing the front wheel up. Even in first gear it didn't bring the wheel up under WOT, which surprised me because my 650 will and it doesn't pull nearly as hard. Also, the brakes and handling were very good. The extra weight was not noticable at all. It felt like riding a really powerful 650. I didn't have a chance to ride any really twisty roads, though. Mostly just straight highway and a few gentle sweepers. So, maybe you might notice the weight there, but most of the time I doubt you could tell a difference.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah, mine had 2900 miles on it and the guy I bought it off only put 1000 of that 2900 on it. it had aftermarket two brother raceing pipes, trank bra, rear seat cover and those carbin sticker you put on your bike and I spent $5800 of it.

Hey here in Indy they selling brand new 03 suzuki Sv1000s for around $7999[/i]

·
Registered
26 Posts
wow well i guess i was wrong.. really wasnt sure. i bought a 03 650s and a 03 1000s last year about this time for 12.500 out the door.and we never really broke down how they came up with a price..they offered i countered. they offered again and then they took my 2nd counter offer.i was happy with the price i got

L

·
0 Posts
i paid 5300 +ttl for my naked 03...

anything over 6300 in my opinion is too much

1 - 12 of 12 Posts