Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to get an idea. 6000 miles, new rubber, Yosh pipe, jet kit and filter. Oh yeah, it's pretty much mint.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
aren't those things stunters favorites, low miles, how many on 1 wheel, maybe you can get an idea what its' history is, does it have stunters sprockets?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
KBB gives a retail of $5350 for my area, but I'd just like to get a few opinions on private party amount...

·
BANNED!!!
4,805 Posts
RandyO said:
aren't those things stunters favorites, low miles, how many on 1 wheel, maybe you can get an idea what its' history is, does it have stunters sprockets?
What is stunters sprockets?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, since I can't seem to get any replys to the question...I can pick it up for $4000. Good deal, or not?

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
FatCat_01 said:
Ok, since I can't seem to get any replys to the question...I can pick it up for $4000.  Good deal, or not?
one of my best friends has one, and OH GAWD is it fast. Its too tempting to twist that throttle and feel the devil pullin the back of your pants.

That sounds like a good deal, especially if it was babied. A fun bike, for sure.

I just hope to god you have more self-control than I do.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, probably not. I really like my SV. I bought it this spring and have put quite a few miles on it, but I feel like something is missing... You can twist the throttle all day and not get into to much trouble. I need that fear factor for the adrenaline rush ya know? My buddy's got an R1, I've rode it a couple of times and man, that thing is like a rocket ship. I just lookin' for something with a little more snoose. I came across this deal today and thought that I'd throw it out there and see what you all though about it.

K

·
0 Posts
4K for an unstunted 900rr is a pretty good deal, especially with such low miles. I have never even seen an unstunted 900rr, lol.

My buddy has one and we stunt the shit out of it, up 10 in the back down 2 in the front. It's awesome.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not getting in to trouble as-in, the bike is very forgiving... You can push the thing to it's limits, but it just doesn't have that "hang on" accelleration, ya know? Other than that, I think it's great.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ben_JamminVFCC said:
  What kind of trouble are you trying to get into that the SV can't get you there fast enough? :-\
no joke, man.  the sv is faster than anything i've ever ridden/driven... i don't think that attitude and that bike go together..  

however, if that's what you want to do.. that's a damn good price.  i'd say jump on it before someone else does.

·
OberKommandant
6,127 Posts
I'm currently selling a '96 RR that I've had since '01, I'm expecting to get about 4 or 4 1/2 grand for it. It's also in great condition, no stunting or racing, but it's got 30,000 miles on it. The bike handles great, it is definitely fast and has never been any kind of mechanical problem. It's kind of a bitch to work on, honda certainly wasn't looking out for the mechanic when they designed the thing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts