Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a semi stock 2003 SV650. just a hindle pipe , knn air filter. the guy before me i think went one tooth down on the front sprocket. i am reving at 5000 rpms at 120 km/h in sixth gear. would be interested to see what it revs with a stock set up.

thanks,

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
I dont know my kmh/mph conversion, but my '03 sv runs at 5k rpm at 65mph with 15/44 stock SVS gearing.

·
Registered
171 Posts
About 5500 for me. Stock gearing.

·
Registered
482 Posts
The conversion is 120 km/h=75mph, in case anyone else wants to chime in.

I run at or around 5200-5400 rpm at that speed, stock gearing, '05 S

If anyone is interested, NOAA has a conversion that will convert just about anything, to anything else.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/pub/metcon.php

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
evilbologna said:
I dont know my kmh/mph conversion, but my '03 sv runs at 5k rpm at 65mph with 15/44 stock SVS gearing.
you can change between KPH or MPH on the new models with just a push of a button on the instrument pod. FYI.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Jimmie said:
you can change between KPH or MPH on the new models with just a push of a button on the instrument pod. FYI.
Yeah I know but im not going to go out and ride just to find out what kph my bike runs at...waste of gas :p

As for who asked how to, you just hold both buttons down, or maybe just the "adjust" button, eh its in the manual dammit.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the info. i was wrong it's actually 6000 at 120 kph i want to change my gearing to run lower rpm's on the highway.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mine shows 130 km/h at 6000 rpm
Stock gearing on a 2004 SV650S (euro model)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts