Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Axles can be made by any machinist worth his salt, for less than 100$. If it don't fit, modify it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
i can see testas reasoning tho... if you get a gsx 1100 rim you wont have to find/buy a new speedo. so you'll save money there, but youll have to find/buy a new axle.

guess its just a question of wich one for you is easier to make do with.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
i was just doin some rotor research just to make sure on what will work and heres what i found. 

you need 320mm discs to fit onto a 00-03 gsxr front end using that year brake calipers.

Model                                Disc size
SV 650 (1st gen) 99-02     290mm
SV 650 (2nd gen) 03-05    290mm
SV 1000 03-05                  310mm
GSXR 600 95                     310mm
GSXR 600 96-03                320mm
GSXR 600 04-05                300mm
GSXR 750 95-97                310mm
GSXR 750 98-03                320mm
GSXR 750 04-05                300mm
GSXR 1000 01-02              320mm
GSXR 1000 03-04              300mm
GSXR 1000 05                   310mm
TL1000R 98-03                  320mm
TL1000S 97-01                  320mm
Hayabusa 99-05               320mm

i only did the popular bikes everyone looks at.  i got all my info from http://www.motorbikes.be/en/Suzuki/_1, so if you want to look at any other models check out that link and select the model.

thx

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
didnt SRADs 1st appear in 96? then end in 99?

trying to find disc sizes for 96, 97,  and 98.  according to the original site i used it says 96-97 are 310mm and 98-03 are 320mm.  it very well could be wrong tho.  trying to find other sites to verify whats correct.  thx

oh also no one seems to want to answer my question in the shock sticky...

how many miles should a good used shock have on it? whats this revalving stuff and how much does it cost? do i need all the linkage stuff/dogbone/bolt/nut off the shock i get, or can i use the stuff off my bike?

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
P-Low said:
how many miles should a good used shock have on it?  whats this revalving stuff and how much does it cost?  do i need all the linkage stuff/dogbone/bolt/nut off the shock i get, or can i use the stuff off my bike?
you use sv dogbones, you might need a longer bolt, with a 636 shock anyway, miles?? lowest the better, svraceshop charges $275 and $375 i think, depends on if you specify the gold valve or not, it's pretty cheap for what you get

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
so your sayin to just pick up a shock from svraceshop rather than dealing with any ebay shocks?

do people just get ebay shocks and throw em on without revalving them? if so does it affect anything? what are the advantages/disadvantages to throwin on a ebay shock vs svraceshop shock. only thing i can think of is cost... id rather spend 45 bucks on a shock than 375...

guess im trying to ask is, what is revalving and what does it do for the shock? and why the heck does svraceshop want you to upgrade the spring for a 190 lb rider when majority of the people here on svrider say the stock gsxr 1000 spring is perfect for that weight?

ill try and search for answers... an iquiring mind wants to know.

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
P-Low said:
so your sayin to just pick up a shock from svraceshop rather than dealing with any ebay shocks? 

do people just get ebay shocks and throw em on without revalving them?  if so does it affect anything?  what are the advantages/disadvantages to throwin on a ebay shock vs svraceshop shock.  only thing i can think of is cost... id rather spend 45 bucks on a shock than 375...

guess im trying to ask is,  what is revalving and what does it do for the shock?  and why the heck does svraceshop want you to upgrade the spring for a 190 lb rider when majority of the people here on svrider say the stock gsxr 1000 spring is perfect for that weight?

ill try and search for answers... an iquiring mind wants to know.
http://www.svraceshop.com/SVShockUpgradeFAQ.asp

the sv shock sucks, a GSXR 1000 would be an improvement but not ideal, a $275 raceshop shock is better, PM jarel for any specific questions, i think he recommends the $375 shock for racing/track days, honestly, an Ohlins is cheap enough for the second gen i'd go that route, i had a SRADGSXR shock, a 636 and a raceshop shock $375, (on my 1st gen) the raceshop is more planted, it's up to you, i suggest you talk to jarel, he;s very helpful and can answer your questions better on the subject, if you're going thru the trouble of a gsxr front end you might as well spring for a better than stock GSXR shock

G

·
P-Low said:
didnt SRADs 1st appear in 96? then end in 99?

trying to find disc sizes for 96, 97, and 98. according to the original site i used it says 96-97 are 310mm and 98-03 are 320mm. it very well could be wrong tho. trying to find other sites to verify whats correct. thx

oh also no one seems to want to answer my question in the shock sticky...

how many miles should a good used shock have on it? whats this revalving stuff and how much does it cost? do i need all the linkage stuff/dogbone/bolt/nut off the shock i get, or can i use the stuff off my bike?
srad 750 is 96-99
srad 600 is 97-00
they all have 320mm rotors.
ps.I have gsxr shock that is been revalved and resprung by aftershocks for sale(selling for customer,he went penske way).it has not been used,fresh.he wants $250

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.