Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've been noticing that I have a fork oil leak in my left fork and I need some help on picking what weight fork oil and what height it needs to be set at. I want to make sure the shop that replaces the fork seals puts exactly what I had in there.
I am running Traxxion emulators and Sonic .85 springs. I think Traxxion recommends 10wt, but if anyone can remember off the top of their head it would be great!

Thanks!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Depends some on what kind of ride you want and what you weigh. I'm 185 outa the bath. I'm on 0.90 Eibach springs. I use 10wt oil, but keep in mind it's cold in Vancouver right now. Might go to 15wt (or 12 1/2) come summer. That's with 120mm air gap (which is what counts - don't worry about how much volume goes in, just work the gap.
Cheers,

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Hey guys,

I've been noticing that I have a fork oil leak in my left fork and I need some help on picking what weight fork oil and what height it needs to be set at. I want to make sure the shop that replaces the fork seals puts exactly what I had in there.
I am running Traxxion emulators and Sonic .85 springs. I think Traxxion recommends 10wt, but if anyone can remember off the top of their head it would be great!

Thanks!
Do you have the Traxxion damper rods too, or just the emulators?? If you have the TD rods, then use 10w. If not then 20w. Set the level at 125mm in either case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts