Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say a quick whats up to everyone. I bought a CLEAN CLEAN 05 SV yesterday with only 8k (original) miles. Literally the only issue with it was the front right blinker being out. I just wanted to introduce myself and ask two questions. Firstly does anyone have any ideas for where to get the OEM blinker that is out? Secondly, where would be the best place to keep the rpms if I'm looking to get my quickest 0-60. Bonus question:Anyone have frame slider suggestions?

Thanks for all your guys' help in advanced, excited to be part of the community!!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hi and welcome.

When you say the blinker is out, is it completely missing, or is the lens broken? ebay is probably best and cheapest.

Others will chime in on best way to launch for quick acceleration, but personally I dial up about 5,000 and feed the clutch out quickly but smoothly (don't just dump it), then wind on the throttle. Gets me away from stop lights plenty fast enough.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I think I still have a front blinker lying around somewhere. Do you need the whole assembly or just the bulb? You should be able to get a bulb at an auto parts store I assume.

The most recommended frame sliders are by Motosliders. But you can also get the knock-offs on eBay for one third of the price. Just make sure to buy nylon lock nuts in that case, or the bolt won't stay tight. In any case the sliders with the long through bolt are preferable to the short ones.

It sounds like you're a novice rider. Don't worry about perfecting your 0-60 for now. Learn how to control your bike in all situations. You'll figure out where the power band is eventually. Trust me, I crashed in my early days because I stupidly chased this dragon.

·
Super Moderator
6,860 Posts
Look up mad8vskillz here for the parts you need.

Forget about snappy starts. Just roll out smoothly and roll on the throttle. The SV has a touchy throttle down low and enough torque to get you in trouble quick.

No need to rev the crap out of it, utilize the strong low and mid-range. It's not a R6.

·
Registered
873 Posts
There's no need to over-rev these engines for standard road use. The smooth power curve gives you a lot of flexibility. I Change gear smooth as I can anything between 5,000 to 7,000 Rpm depending on the road conditions and it gets me to,"Combat speed" PDQ. Then there's the awesome engine braking for bends and curves which allows more traction than heavy braking and even my old 99 Sticks like the proverbial to the carpet :D

As you most likely won't know the bike's last good service point change all the fluids and check all the running gear and Block electrical connectors for security and corrosion and clean with Switch cleaner and treat with ACF50,

If your local MC shop doesn't carry it you can get it from eBay/Amazon.

HTH :)

PS

Don't,"Wheelie" the bikes as the engine design does not lend itself to it and it will cause premature engine wear and possible mechanical failure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi and welcome.

When you say the blinker is out, is it completely missing, or is the lens broken? ebay is probably best and cheapest.

Others will chime in on best way to launch for quick acceleration, but personally I dial up about 5,000 and feed the clutch out quickly but smoothly (don't just dump it), then wind on the throttle. Gets me away from stop lights plenty fast enough.
Thanks for the info! No it is not completely busted. The bulb is still there and it works but the plastic that covers it isnt there so its literally just an exposed bulb. Someone recommended something call chromaglobe or something that sounded like that but I cant figure out what blinkers they were referring to specifically. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I still have a front blinker lying around somewhere. Do you need the whole assembly or just the bulb? You should be able to get a bulb at an auto parts store I assume.

The most recommended frame sliders are by Motosliders. But you can also get the knock-offs on eBay for one third of the price. Just make sure to buy nylon lock nuts in that case, or the bolt won't stay tight. In any case the sliders with the long through bolt are preferable to the short ones.

It sounds like you're a novice rider. Don't worry about perfecting your 0-60 for now. Learn how to control your bike in all situations. You'll figure out where the power band is eventually. Trust me, I crashed in my early days because I stupidly chased this dragon.
I'm not doing any crazy riding given that I am new but I did want to get a sense of where the bike could be. As for the blinker, the only thing that is there is the bulb (which does work) but the orange piece that goes over the bulb is no longer on the bike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts