Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I'm new to riding, and also new to a 2006 SV650s. After having it for a short time, I wrecked it pretty bad. Well, the frame and motor are fine, but there is a nice dent in the gas tank, and the front faring is gone, also where the back seat is, thats split open so the tail light is just hanging there. I'm not a baller by any means, and i know it's going to cost some money to get it fixed. My question is, theres a guy in my nighbore hood who owns a motorcycle shop. He says he can make it just like new for around 3 grand. He says he already has the parts at his shop. However they are 2005 parts, which he says will work. I also got pre-approved at the dealership where i bought the bike for like another 11,000. So I was thinking, I should just take the bike to them and let them do what they do and than just charge it. I don't know, but I'm sure the dealership will rape me more than the guy from my neighbore hood. I know it would be a lot cheaper to just order the parts, and do it myself, but i have no clue to what I'd be doing. Whats the best way to handle this?

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
$3k to fix that is way to steep.  so long as nothing is bent and its just cosmetics you can fix it cheap.  i just had to replace my tail on my 05 and i bent the sub-frame.  cost me $75 to fix the sub-frame, and brand new the tail pieces are only $200 bux from oneida suzuki.

i don't imagine the front fairing can cost $2000 even if you had to replace the headlights.  and if thats the case just do what every one else who loops an S does and street fighter it.

the only thing that might cost money is the dent removal but even then you can buy a brand new gas tank for $500 bux so i still can't figure out how that price is justified.

p.s. where are you?  i'll fix it for cost of parts plus 100 bux.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Fix it yourself first. You can get the parts yourself and save some money. Its not that hard.

Post some pics. Im sure we can help you on what you can fix yourself. BTW, where do you live? Im sure someone from svrider.com could help you out for a simple fee or BEER! Great people here.

Did you take the MSF course? Please take the course if you havent.

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
You want respect ... fix it yourself ... it ain't going to be easy and you have a bit of learning.

You are new and wrecking good bikes due to inexperience ... going to the dealer and spending 11k to get a race replica is going to get you killed or hurt very badly. 

The dealer obviously does not give a damn about you or what you buy as they are going to make their sales quota off of your inexperience ... sucker comes to their mind.

It is not the bike, it is the rider ... what are you doing to make sure this does not happen again?   You taking the MSF?  All the reputable riding schools that I know won't even take you as a student unless you have over a year in experience and the MSF courses under your belt.

As to your question will the parts fit?  Yes they will fit, however they are a totally different color and will need to be repainted.  By the time you are done, it will be cheaper to buy the parts online already painted in the right color and replace them yourself.

If you are trolling, then you chose the right name for yourself ... ::)

·
Registered
397 Posts
well your screenname sure fits the description ;D hahaha juss messing with you. You really shouldn't have bought a brand new bike to learn on. EVERYONE will fall, looks like you shoulda done more research and more foruming before buying a bike. All of us here woulda told you hell no to a new bike. Don't be stupid and get another 11k loan. You'll just wreck that one too, then you'll still have to pay it off. You said yourself your not a baller, so don't act like one and get a cheap 250 to learn how to ride then get another bike. Do your research this time...and go take the MSF course before getting it...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts