Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the look of the unfaired SV as well as the seating position....

BUT

Lots of highway...do they make a good aftermarket screen that does a good job?

OR

could I take a SV650S and raise the bars above the triple and lower the foot pegs????

tanks!

Kutch

·
Registered
122 Posts
I wouldn't get the "S" solely on thinking it provides great wind protection on the highway.

It's a little better but...part of that is because you are tucked in a little bit lower riding position.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm with liquid len, That's alot of extra dough for a half fairing. Check around cause there's a ton of aftermarket screens for the naked SV. check out wildhair.com.

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
I have a National Cycles F-15 Sportshield on my 2001 naked and it is great. I use the Tourshield in cold weather. It's small and even deflects most of the wind from my hands. Easy to install and remove.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I had the same dilema. Although I liked the riding position of the naked better, I ended up buying the S mainly because I prefer the looks and because my dealer had one in yellow, and only had the naked in blue. No worries, no regrets...I got used to the riding position very quickly.

There are some nice looking aftermarket fairings out there...but none are as nice looking as the bikini fairing of the S, IMO (no offense to anyone, just my preference).

If you REALLY prefer the riding position of the naked a LOT, then I'd go that route...especially since you said you prefer the look of the naked as well. You could get a VERY nice aftermarket fairing for MUCH cheaper than new rearsets and bar risers for the S.

here's a couple from givi

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
I got the S because I intend to do a lot of slab commuting.
I ended up getting the OEM extended windshield as I am tall and did not care for the highway coverage of the standard one.  Felt like I was on a naked.  It is more rugged and I like the coverage.

There are rearsets that can be bought for cheap especially OEM take-offs from the bling and race crowd.

Clip-ons seem to be a bit more personal.  Again, a lot of money can be spent here.  I am going to wait a year or two before messing with this part of the mod scheme.

Another thing that really made the S stand out for me is the night lighting ... those dual lamps put out some serious candlepower on high beams! :eek:

·
Registered
498 Posts
I got a naked because I actually like the wind and I find clean air more enjoyable than buffeted air (that is air stirred up by parrots in case you are wondering)

·
Registered
745 Posts
In six months, you won't worry about the wind. You really get used to it after awhile. I actually enjoy it. I have a windscreen, but it's angled so it won't cut much wind unless I almost lay on the tank. I have to be in full tuck to get any help from my screen. I rode naked for two years and learned to love the free feeling. The full faired guys are missing out. ;D

·
Registered
37 Posts
just get the s and get the zero gravity double bubble or touring screen...dont worry about the seating position its really not that bad...spend like 20 min on a cbr or a gsxr and you will have no complaints about the stock svs seating!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I still like the naked...The looks as well as the seating postion.

What do you think of a '05/ blue/ with 200 miles/ small dent in the tank/ $5000.00??? Naked of course...

good bad???

kutch

1 - 10 of 10 Posts