Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Naked, and recently swapped out the stock mirrors for a pair of Ken Sean bar end mirrors. The mirrors are great, but the empty holes left behind for the old mirrors are really annoying me.

I would like to just cap the holes, or put in a black bolt, but I can't seem to find anything that fits. Bolt is 10mm 1.25 thread pitch (I think) and should be no longer than 10-15mm's (I found a 10/1.25/20mm at home cheepo that works, but its too long and zinc plated and fugly).

Any thoughts? Any yes, I did search.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stranger said:
screw tassles in :p
I tried that.... you can only get imperial tassles in the US.

Anybody know of a good metric tassle supplier?

N

·
0 Posts
Your local hardware megastore carries a wide variety of furniture plugs etc in the hardware section, the one with the big pull out drawers. I found some black plastic plugs that fit snugly into the M8 hole; I think they were 5/16" dia. but they cost pennies so you might try a couple of sizes.

:)

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
fill them with black gasket goop. Done with care, it will look solid and you can always pick the goop out if you change your mind down the road. If you screw it up real bad you can also cut out a round disk out of a piece of electrical tape.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
I just got a couple of bolts with same thread, they make good mounting points for accessories like radar detector or gps, the bolt is long enuf to reain the chrome lock nut from the mirror stalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RandyO said:
I just got a couple of bolts with same thread, they make good mounting points for accessories like radar detector or gps, the bolt is long enuf to reain the chrome lock nut from the mirror stalk
That's the problem...can't find any bolts that are the right length and have a small head diameter.

I will have to try the local Ace Hardware...maybe they have something.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have bolts that are a little too long. At some point I'll probably try to cut them down with a saw, but for now they stick up just a bit but they don't really look too bad. At a glance, you never notice them.

N

·
0 Posts
gqelements said:
unscrew the housing and flip the piece UPSIDE DOWN!
solved.....
The LH side is part of the clutch perch and (IIRC) the RH isn't symmetrical. I think...

·
Registered
398 Posts
Wait..... you supposed to remove the other mirrors when you mount bar ends? :O
:twisted:

·
Registered
35 Posts
nc_sv650 said:
gqelements said:
unscrew the housing and flip the piece UPSIDE DOWN!
solved.....
The LH side is part of the clutch perch and (IIRC) the RH isn't symmetrical. I think...

right side should work... left maybe not.. what do i know, i have beautifull S4R mirrors on mine :lol: :lol: :lol:
[no hole plugging for me]

K

·
0 Posts
buy the perch off an S model problem solved.
get the right side part off of a 1975 kawasaki Z-1 it has no mirror hole in it and bolts on. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
429 Posts
I just put black plastic caps in mine from Lowes. The were in the drawers for automotive plastic fasteners. I can't remember the size because I bought 3 different sizes (only a buck per set).

·
Registered
29 Posts
I used the black plastic caps from the stock mirror bolt holes. Just sand the lips off the bottom and Super Glue them in place. They're a perfect fit!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts