Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how about ride a YSR around a track?

have a buddy that races YSR's and he set me up ride around CRP track couple of weeks ago... this isn't his YSR... his is modified and one of the fastest on track but had blown engine. this one runs in stock class and is kinda slow compared to his. I had fun but the mushy stock suspension left lots to be desired and didn't give me much confidence to lean it over much on the bump corners that were glazed with rubber from shifter carts and a some blacktop patches.

i think my buddy is trying to get me hooked cause he wants me on his race team :lol: it may just happen next year... can't think of much cheaper forms of racing on 2 wheels :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah... that one's 50cc

they have a modified class that has some 80cc ones and they are really fast... I want to work my way up to one of those. They also race 4-stroke motards in same class... the have another class that reaces mopeds and another class for scooters too

I really thought I could run it faster than I did since I had some track time on the SV... but it was like a whole new ballgame... felt more twitchy and harder to hold a line... but that was probably the suspension. I didn't shift it much either because clutch sucked and slipped a bit... so used third and forth for about 5 laps I rode.

so... I might look to get one in a year or so... there is company in Connecticut that ships a brand new NSR50 to your door for $2200 or $2300 I heard... I will probably just look for a used one though

1 - 4 of 4 Posts