Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I want to keep wrenching and turn this into more of a streetfighter but idk what I want to do next! Any suggestions or tips please share! I want to do a gsxr tail but I cant weld and dont have a lot of money... sucks to suck

Here is how she sits now.... I have a front fender and a stock gauge cluster comin in the mail.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Not sure what your budget is, but a beefier front end (gsxr) tends to be a popular thing to do... Nice looking bike! :)

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
How do you ride it most often? (Commute, twisties, etc.)
How do you enjoy riding it the most?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just learning on the twisties honestly.... Get nervous when I have it over, but from what I've heard thy are great on curves so I gotta man up. But I think that's the idea ride it a ton and get inspired, I do have stock gauges coming that I'm going to mount to the triple and move te ignition!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPod touch app

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh never answered the question lol I ride where ever the roads take me.... Mostly for fun and commute I wrk

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
My vote would be for a set of Spiegler SS brake lines.

Another thought....get a set of motoslider spools for the swing arm and a rear stand. This will make it MUCH easier to work on the bike.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Remove the pillion seat and get the cover for it.

·
very big dumb
8,894 Posts
Just learning on the twisties honestly.... Get nervous when I have it over, but from what I've heard thy are great on curves so I gotta man up. But I think that's the idea ride it a ton and get inspired,
no, what you need is training. go take the Lee Parks ARC or the MSF ARC (new course), or a track school.
the best investment in a bike you can make is in rider education. You'll be faster, smoother, and safer than if you had every mod imagineable and were still doing it wrong.

·
Registered
199 Posts
head to your local grocery, get a few stakes, and throw them on that barby in the background! its summer baby! ;p

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm actually signing up for a course in mn with my girlfriends dad so that's going to be helpful!

Ps: I work for Johnsonville so I've bee grillin a ton of brats :) fo free!!

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
What course are you doing?? ZARS??

Ps: I work for Johnsonville so I've bee grillin a ton of brats :) fo free!!
I hate you. :magpie:

I am in the "ride it till the wheels fall" off camp. It is a nice looking bike the way it is. Enjoy riding it for a while, inspiration will strike some night at a bike night or something.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Free all sorts of Johnsonville product... I picked up 15 lbs of bacon the other day for free :)

And I'm not sure what course it is yet, have any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
If its in Minnesota, just outside of the twin cities, it's probably ZARS, (which I hope to go too once I'm back in the midwest)

And I've had friends brag about free Johnsonville products in the past. Maybe next summer I can snag an internship there as well.

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
Given your location, Road America offers a Total Control course that is suppose to be phenominal. I would like to do it some day, but we will see. ZARS (Zalusky Advanced Riding School) Also offers a class at Road America every now and then. I have done the ZARS course and was VERY happy with it. Infact, I plan to do the Level 2 course this year. Given your concern over the budget, I think ZARS will be your better bet. I belive they are almost 1/3 of the cost of a Total Control class.

I guess to be fair I should also mention MSF offers courses at Road America as well. Again, I can not comment on how good they are, as I have never been through an advanced course with them.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks, I had originally signed up for road America but something came up the weekend I was going to do it and couldn't. My girlfriends dad lives in mn s I think I'll be going there I'll look us ZARS and probably do that!

Who are your friends have they had an internship at jvl? That's what I doing right now actually

1 - 20 of 22 Posts